My Review of the Star is a Review of the Week!

Cubechick

I usually post a big review of the cruises I take on the boards here, but didn't this time because it's a once a year cruise and two of the ports changed for next year's cruisers.

Some of you may have already checked out my blog of the Norway, Faroe Islands, Shetland Islands, Iceland cruise I took in September. There you will find some pictures along with my at the moment impressions of each port.

However I did also submit a review Members Review section and it was kindly selected as one of the reviews of the week:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1937501

The review focuses on the ports of call more than the Star, but if anyone has any questions I'll be happy to answer them or at least try!

I usually post a big review of the cruises I take on the boards here, but didn't this time because it's a once a year cruise and two of the ports changed for next year's cruisers.

Some of you may have already checked out my blog of the Norway, Faroe Islands, Shetland Islands, Iceland cruise I took in September. There you will find some pictures along with my at the moment impressions of each port.

However I did also submit a review Members Review section and it was kindly selected as one of the reviews of the week:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1937501

The review focuses on the ports of call more than the Star, but if anyone has any questions I'll be happy to answer them or at least try!

Congratulations! What a nice way to start your weekend.............now I'm off to read your review. Have never been on the Star, but it's on my list.

:)

You'll love it! Just going to the Faroe Islands makes the trip worthwhile. :)

Hope it's not one of the ports that's changed! I looked into this cruise (couldn't do it this year) and another cruise line. The other cruise line didn't go into the port with the beautiful sights in the Faroe Islands.

Will definitely read your review. Thanks for posting it!

Hope it's not one of the ports that's changed! I looked into this cruise (couldn't do it this year) and another cruise line. The other cruise line didn't go into the port with the beautiful sights in the Faroe Islands.

Will definitely read your review. Thanks for posting it!

In 2014 they dropped Oslo and Helsingborg, replacing them with Dublin and Glasgow.

It's a real shame that Oslo was taken off. Sailing up the fjord was spectacular and city lovely.

Great review, Cubechick. I had to chuckle as I was reading about your "private tour," and wondered if perhaps the other 13 never showed up because they'd been misinformed about the pick-up location. It appeared that there had been some confusion about that (or perhaps the confusion was only with posters here on cc) so maybe that was the cause? Either way, I'm glad your private tour remained private.

Great review, Cubechick. I had to chuckle as I was reading about your "private tour," and wondered if perhaps the other 13 never showed up because they'd been misinformed about the pick-up location. It appeared that there had been some confusion about that (or perhaps the confusion was only with posters here on cc) so maybe that was the cause? Either way, I'm glad your private tour remained private.

Actually, he did go to the information center to see if anyone was waiting there, but he sure didn't dawdle. :)

• 3 weeks later...