RCCL Drink Package Thumbs Down

We purchased the unlimited drink package on the Oasis which sailed on 10/12/2013 and we had no problems with servers at any of the bars. They all were very attentive and we had servers at the pool, the Globe & Atlas, Boleros, at all the shows, Mast bar, at dinner, and I'm sure I've forgotten other venues as well. If you are considering it, try it, we weren't sure before we purchased it, but we would definitely do it again!!

Edited by Peacemkr59

I do not get the drink package as it would not be worth it for me. However, I was in the hot tub on the Explorer a few weeks ago with a couple that paid for the package. They were told that the drink would be free but they would have to pay $5.00 for the souvenir cup. When they explained that they already had the souvenir cup and just wanted the drink in a plain cup they were told that it could not be done.:rolleyes:

Prepaying and over paying are two different things. In my opinion people who overpay because they can't handle seeing a bill are just not good at budgeting. Paying $55 per day when you know you may never exceed $30-40 per day is wasteful even if it does make you feel better, somehow. Prepaying after you have determined there is good value is a totally different scenario

I do not get the drink package as it would not be worth it for me. However, I was in the hot tub on the Explorer a few weeks ago with a couple that paid for the package. They were told that the drink would be free but they would have to pay $5.00 for the souvenir cup. When they explained that they already had the souvenir cup and just wanted the drink in a plain cup they were told that it could not be done.:rolleyes:

Whoever told them that gave them false information.

One thing is certain. Most people who don't think the package is worth it, will never understand the people who think the package is worth it, regardless of their reasons for thinking it is worth it. :)

Paying $55 per day per person when you've pretty much solidly concluded that you won't drink that much just strikes me as illogical.

Paying $55 per day per person when you've concluded that the package offers a savings versus what you expect to drink a la carte is logical.

It's all coming out of the same bank account in the end; parting with more than necessary, sooner than necessary, is counter-intuitive to any budgeting lesson I've ever had.

On our recent cruise I averaged 2 cocktails a day ($20), plus half a bottle of wine at the restaurant every day ($15). Also - two bottles of wine brought on board with some soda for occasional drinks in the cabin. It would have been nice to have another cocktail now and then, but any more and I would have spent too much time ordering drinks rather than enjoying all the ship had to offer.

We went to the welcome back party and the art auction where there were free drinks.

So overall I spent just $35 a day and did not feel I was missing out at all by not having the drinks package.

Paying $55 per day per person when you've pretty much solidly concluded that you won't drink that much just strikes me as illogical.

Paying $55 per day per person when you've concluded that the package offers a savings versus what you expect to drink a la carte is logical.

It's all coming out of the same bank account in the end; parting with more than necessary, sooner than necessary, is counter-intuitive to any budgeting lesson I've ever had.

But people have already told you that their reasons have nothing to do with their budgets, so your reasons are valid for you, and their reasons are valid for them. They don't need lessons on budgeting from anyone.

But people have already told you that their reasons have nothing to do with their budgets, so your reasons are valid for you, and their reasons are valid for them. They don't need lessons on budgeting from anyone.

AGREE!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Some folk are just not getting it

As far as adding wine, I think I read that you get 30% off bottles if you have the premium package. We're wine drinkers too, but we also like cocktails. There will be some meals where we'll want nice wine, so I can understand buying bottles as well.

I think you may be thinking of Celebritys premium package? theirs does discount wine by the bottle.

If only this quote could permanently be placed in every tip thread past, present, and future.

I never said I wouldn't get the value out of it. I said even if, a difference. I was thinking that, if I spend the entire day in Naasau at Senor Frogs and don't drink on the ship that day, it's still worth the entire package. :D

For our upcoming 8 night cruise, we have purchased the premium drinks package and the 7 bottle wine package. Based on our past Sea Pass bills, this still should be a bargain. :-) you can also take home any unopened bottles of wine from the package. (As if...)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

we loved the drink package! we had no issues like OP is describing where they think servers didn't like them having the drink sticker. we had no problems getting drinks on the Freedom of the Seas last month. sure, some pool bartenders may be slower off but I don't think that had anything to do with our drink package - they were just goofing off! it was fun to try different drinks and not worry about the cost. wish we could have tipped in cash more but we did on the bill a little extra even tho tips are included.

someone asked is there a limit to number of drinks per day - not on RC but I heard on Carnival its 15/day!

For our upcoming 8 night cruise, we have purchased the premium drinks package and the 7 bottle wine package. Based on our past Sea Pass bills, this still should be a bargain. :-) you can also take home any unopened bottles of wine from the package. (As if...)

I'm not worthy.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcToyclj-xqLfCKWcX3AMuJM15wgVHjKBOrrlrMEsZpbMdzCjGI7

I want to party with you guys!!!:D

My bf and I just got off of the Allure on Sunday... He bought the drink package the 2nd day we were on the ship the first day the crew were great... as the days went on the pool staff got NASTY! At one point he went to sign his name (and yes he was leaving more) the guy wripped the slip out of his hand before he finished his name to the point the pen made a long line down it. Other then the pool staff however most other places were great for the drinks. I'm pretty sure he got his money out of it. :)

Purchased the premium package while on Freedom in September. My girlfriend and I, as well as two other couples we were traveling with all had the stickers. None of us had any issues with getting service, either at the bar or from a server. Drinks were strong, plentiful and served with a smile. Will do the package again no question.

I wonder if some of these folks who don't think that they will drink their money's worth but buy the package just because they like coming home to no remaining bills to pay have ever thought of just paying extra on their credit cards? Then when they come home from the cruise, instead of having spent more money for the package than they would have buying individual drinks, they come home to a credit and no bills to pay. The remaining money goes back to the customer instead of being left in RCI's bank account.

But, again, I have no issue with how people choose to spend their own money. As long as those funds were not taxed out of me it's all good.:)