Not sure about upgrade on Royal!

utvolsfan

Was upgraded from BB balcony midship to Cat. ME Minisuite Gty.

Afraid I will end up with M6 forward facing balcony. Would not be

able to use balcony while at sea. Would be happy anywhere else.

Anyone been in these cabins?

If you are happy with the upgrade you just received, call your TA or Princess (depending how you booked) and request they note your reservation now as "no upgrade". Unless you are willing to take a chance on another upgrade that's what I would do. Although it doesn't sound like that is something you are interested in doing.

The M6 is a premium minisuite, it is unlikely you would be bumped all the way up to that. Wait until your cabin is assigned and then check. You can ask after assignment to be moved to any other available cabin in that same category or lower.

It is a little odd that you were upgraded but with a GTY, no room assignment. Usually the upgrades come with a room assignment. Is this possibly a promotional rate rebook, such as Mini for the price of a balcony?

I have no idea what either cabin is like but I have been pricing a Royal cruise this morning and just notice that the ME cabin category is selling for $150 less than the BB. You will get more room in the mini but they say location is what it is all about. Princess has so many balcony categories and the prices are all over the map. It is so confusing.

Good luck and have fun with whatever you decide.

The M6 is a premium minisuite, it is unlikely you would be bumped all the way up to that. Wait until your cabin is assigned and then check. You can ask after assignment to be moved to any other available cabin in that same category or lower.

It is a little odd that you were upgraded but with a GTY, no room assignment. Usually the upgrades come with a room assignment. Is this possibly a promotional rate rebook, such as Mini for the price of a balcony?

Yes that is exactly what it is. I called Princess and they said it was marked as no upgrade, so I think I will be ok. Just don't want obstructed balcony or one I can't use all the time.

Thanks for your help!

Archived