Bring food on board.

ToAdam12

Hello all just a question that I haven't thought of but my mother was saying that she wanted to bake cookies for my up coming cruise. She didn't want to spend the money on buying it thru carnival. Are you allowed to bring something like that on board?

Hello all just a question that I haven't thought of but my mother was saying that she wanted to bake cookies for my up coming cruise. She didn't want to spend the money on buying it thru carnival. Are you allowed to bring something like that on board?

Yes, you can bring cookies and other snacks with you.

From the FAQ.... That is if they find them ofcourse. They might not find them. But there's food everywhere lol.

Can I bring food items onboard due to dietary restrictions?

Items must be pre-packaged, unopened and cannot require any food prep from the dining staff. Homemade items or pre-cooked foods will not be permitted onboard. All items will need to be stored in the stateroom; the ship's storage and/or refrigeration are not available for this use.

Limitations on permitted food items are directly related to concerns for food safety and contamination prevention. Carnival Cruise Lines is unable to provide food preparation, refrigeration or storage for personal food or beverage items.

I understand what everyone is saying I know about the situation on board. My my is a great baker and makes them completely from scratch. No offense to the ships food which is delightful but my mom makes great baked goods. Has anyone be told no. Thank you for posting official rules. But what about unofficially?

I'm sure they are wonderful, but please enjoy them at home, before or after your cruise. You won't miss them, I promise. There are so many food choices, they will be redundant, even if you could get them aboard.

I would gently let her know, you would love to have the lovely home made cookies after your cruise. What a nice welcome home!

Items must be pre-packaged, unopened and cannot require any food prep from the dining staff. Homemade items or pre-cooked foods will not be permitted onboard. All items will need to be stored in the stateroom; the ship's storage and/or refrigeration are not available for this use.

Limitations on permitted food items are directly related to concerns for food safety and contamination prevention. Carnival Cruise Lines is unable to provide food preparation, refrigeration or storage for personal food or beverage items.

On another note: whats up with my countdown clock? I cruise on the 19th and today is the 2nd. My clock still shows 24 days? I don't think so..

Official is official...what don't you understand? The only foods you can bring on board are original store packaged. They run your carryons through a scanner like at the airport. They will search your bags and confiscate whatever they want. You also cannot take any food off the ship unless it is in its original sealed bag or container.

Just remember to bring enough for everybody.

Actually, you can bring any kind of food onto the ship. You just can't take it off.

actually you are wrong.

From the FAQ.... That is if they find them ofcourse. They might not find them. But there's food everywhere lol.

My wife made two large gallon bags of home made trail mix and Chex mix. They were in the carry on bag with our three bottles of wine ...they were seen by security and nothing was said. Folks in the next cabin had a pile of home made oatmeal raisin cookies they shared with us around the balcony divider..... so much for not being permitted.

My wife made two large gallon bags of home made trail mix and Chex mix. They were in the carry on bag with our three bottles of wine ...they were seen by security and nothing was said. Folks in the next cabin had a pile of home made oatmeal raisin cookies they shared with us around the balcony divider..... so much for not being permitted.

doesnt mean its permitted and doesnt mean that these cookies wont get confiscated.

if someone wants to take a chance... fine. but dont get upset if your favorite homemade cookies gets confiscated.

doesnt mean its permitted and doesnt mean that these cookies wont get confiscated.

if someone wants to take a chance... fine. but dont get upset if your favorite homemade cookies gets confiscated.

I'm not gonna complain. The reason why I was asking was to see if someone has done it. I would be fine if they take them. It's asking has anyone sneaked in booze before with out knowing about rum runners. My mom bakes me things for the x-mas and I really look froward to if because we do t live close by. I live in Miami so TSA is not an issue. But I simply wonder would it be better to put it a carry on or check it. If they get taken I would under stand. But I am asking for help. Some people on here make assumptions about things. Getting practical advice is what this site for. Trust me I have been on more then a few cruises. I've seen all sorta things get thru on a ship. The good and the bad. Don't know how don't wanna know but smelled someone smoking meth in an out door deck. He got busted 3 mins latter. But clearly he got that on somehow.

I don't mean to direct that all at you I am sorry for that but I just started venting.

I don't mean to direct that all at you I am sorry for that but I just started venting.

no worries... I do hope there is no problem with your cookies. Just wanted to make sure you know that its not permitted and if they are taken, they will be thrown out.

You appear to know that so, good luck!

no worries... I do hope there is no problem with your cookies. Just wanted to make sure you know that its not permitted and if they are taken, they will be thrown out.

You appear to know that so, good luck!

Again sorry. I think I'm just gonna leave them in the box they come in. It is a bakers box. But who knows.

Again sorry. I think I'm just gonna leave them in the box they come in. It is a bakers box. But who knows.

You can wrap the baker's box in birthday paper, like it's a gift. I really don't think you are going to have a problem. The screener's are looking for serious things, not homemade cookies. :rolleyes:

Enjoy!

You can wrap the baker's box in birthday paper, like it's a gift. I really don't think you are going to have a problem. The screener's are looking for serious things, not homemade cookies. :rolleyes:

Enjoy!

playing devils advocate with this, I think they will scrutinize it more if its fully wrapped. I assume lots of people try this and I bet they check 'wrapped gifts' pretty carefully

Archived