Alaska - Aft vs Starboard

Planning a trip on the Radiance Northbound Alaska Cruise tour for July 2014.

Which cabins are the best for views or picture taking? Aft facing cabin 8670 or cabin 8620 on the Starboard side. We never had an aft facing cabin so I am not familiar with the views from there. Normally I don't care where my balcony cabin is but I read so many mixed reviews as to what side of the ship to be on for Alaska. I also noticed plenty of port side cabins available, making me think that starboard is better or at least very popular.

I plan on being up and out on deck but love to watch the views early in morning while getting ready.

Thanks

Thanks for the reply I will keep our aft facing cabins.

You'll be glad that you did, as you have chosen the perfect ship and location. We have had 1100 on the beautiful Radiance. Check out the aft discussion and see some awesome photos here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1899406&highlight=radiance+aft+photo. ;)

starfish, just wanted to add this photo of the Radiance (borrowed from a previous thread) so you can view stateroom 8670:

Here is a picture of the aft balconies on Radiance which is sister to the Brilliance and a mirror image.

Radiancestern.jpg

Thanks everyone.

We currently have aft cabins 8170, 8672 and 8670 and starboard cabins 8620 and 8622 booked for our family. Since my DS has not interest in going to Alaska I will probably be canceling one of the cabins and I wasn't sure which one to let go.

I will hold on to the three aft cabins and let one of the starboard cabins go.

Love the #1100 but it can be hard to get and for our next Alaska Radiance May 2014 it was booked (darn it)..so the next best aft option was the #8168 (even though it's not a JS)...so...my advice...keep your aft...you won't be sorry :)

Another of MANY benefits of an aft cabin? Zephyrs vs hurricane Donut winds. We were on the Brilliance last fall in Canada with 60 mph winds directly on the beam. Our table folks couldn't open their balcony door vs. me taking megga nap on the balcony in the late afternoon sun.

Archived