Food on the Pride

asalligo

I have seen a couple people this week mention that the food selections during non standard dining times were poor on the Pride. Has anyone else experienced this? On my cruises so far, I have always felt that I was walking around stuffed 24/7. What is the Pride missing that other ships have? And isn't room service still available 24 hours?

I have seen a couple people this week mention that the food selections during non standard dining times were poor on the Pride. Has anyone else experienced this? On my cruises so far, I have always felt that I was walking around stuffed 24/7. What is the Pride missing that other ships have? And isn't room service still available 24 hours?

I don't recall having any difficulty finding something to eat when I was hungry. Room service is always available.

I cannot imagine anyone being hungry on the Pride. Here an example of the food available on the Pride:

Name: Mermaid’s Grille

Hours: open for breakfast / lunch / dinner / late night snacks

Available 24 Hours: coffee; hot tea; hot chocolate; lemonade; unsweetened iced tea; self-serve soft ice cream/frozen yogurt

Function: Self-Service Casual Lido Restaurant / Specialty Coffee Bar ($)

Breakfast Time: 7:00am-10:30am (hours may vary)

Hot and Cold Buffet and Specialty Stations: hot cereal and boxed cereal; eggs; omelet station; bacon and sausage; hash browns; pastries; bread, toast and bagels; yogurt; fresh fruit

Lunch Time: 12:00pm-2:30pm (hours may vary)

Hot and Cold Buffet / Specialty Stations: Buffet featuring pastas, stir-fry, carving station - choices may vary among the fleet

Salad Bar: Elaborate salad bar featuring 35 items

The Grill: (11am-6pm) Hot dogs, hamburgers, cheeseburgers, grilled chicken sandwiches and fries

Taste of Nations: Featuring a different International cuisine each day

Carnival Deli: (11am-11pm) Deli Sandwiches piled-high and favorite sides

Chopsticks: Variety of Asian selections including sushi

Pizzeria: (open 24 hours)Pizzeria with seven kinds of pizza, calzone, Caesar salad and garlic bread

Desserts: Variety of desserts including sugar-free selections

Dinner Time (hours may vary)

Good Eats: (6pm-9:30pm) Buffet-Style - an array of pastas, steaks, prime rib, grilled chicken, specialty salads and desserts along with a daily Chef's Special.

Carnival Deli: (11am-11pm) Deli Sandwiches piled-high and favorite sides

The Grill: (11am-6pm) Hot dogs, hamburgers, cheeseburgers, grilled chicken sandwiches and fries

Pizzeria: (open 24 hours) Pizzeria with seven kinds of pizza, calzone, Caesar salad and garlic bread

Late Night Snacks: 11:00pm-1:00am (hours may vary)

Good Eats: Hot and cold light snacks and desserts

https://www.goccl.com/~/media/Files/Irman/bookccl/the_fleet/PR_ShipFeatures_PublicAreas.htm

As you can see there is no lack of food! The ones highlighted in red are open till 11pm or later. Pizza is 24/7. Also room service.

I never have problems finding food anytime I am on a ship. As others have said, there is always room service. Also, there is the pizza station with an awesome caeser salad with chicken. The grill on the lido is open til 6pm and ATD starts at 5:45. Plenty of options on the Pride. Here's there food times:

CaperFri6.jpg

changed that..posted Fantasy at first..LOL..sorry

Edited by rrraydon

I found occasionally that it was difficult to find food, especially later at night.

This was my first cruise and alot of the time I found the stations on Lido to be closed. The pizza and ice cream are 24/7, but I'm not a huge pizza person. I didnt use room service, most of the time I just wanted something to snack on before going to bed and didnt want to wait for it to be delivered.

It didnt diminish my trip tho.. she's a beautiful ship and the staff are amazing. Im sorry to see her leave from Baltimore and I'd sail her again anyday.

Don't forget that the deli is also open til 11pm and then there are late night snacks starting at 11:30pm. the reuben is awesome and so is the hot pastrami sandwhich..and the grilled cheese..and..JK. LOL

Edited by rrraydon

You can plan in advance and make a fruit...........cheese...........meat plate and put in your mini fridge. We always bring plastic bags for wet bathing suits if needed and use one of those to put food in.

Also I take a couple boxes of Cherrios for my before bed snack.......have to eat something with my meds.

We also have asked our waiter for our dessert to go...............never a problem:) Usually too full for that cheese cake, etc.

Don't forget to put some juice at breakfast in your travel cup for later!!

Our experience was that the buffet stations were not always open as scheduled. The pizza and deli were always open. You can also get a sandwich at any hour via room service. We have found more variety on other ships, but no one was going hungry.

• 3 weeks later...

I guess food quality and service are based upon expectations and past experiences. Unlike any other cruises we have been on we never looked forward to any meals on the Pride. We did not care for the buffet setup at all. The food was bland and selections limited. The Pizza was usually soggy. Not once in the week did we find the Hamburger Grill station open. Salad bar was okay. Dessert selections and quality were terrible. On several days every single coffee dispenser was empty and often there was no ice available. One evening we were in the MDR for 2 1/2 hours from time sitting to competing our meal due to poor service and even there the food was just okay. Again, just our opinion.

Edited by utwofan

I guess food quality and service are based upon expectations and past experiences. Unlike any other cruises we have been on we never looked forward to any meals on the Pride. We did not care for the buffet setup at all. The food was bland and selections limited. The Pizza was usually soggy. Not once in the week did we find the Hamburger Grill station open. Salad bar was okay. Dessert selections and quality were terrible. On several days every single coffee dispenser was empty and often there was no ice available. One evening we were in the MDR for 2 1/2 hours from time sitting to competing our meal due to poor service and even there the food was just okay. Again, just our opinion.

This really, really surprises me as we are waiting to get off the pride now and not once were ANY of those things a problem. We were on the Pride for our last cruise as well and this cruise was just as great. We were able to find good food every day in the buffet and at the MDR, our traditional dining seating took about 1 1/2 hours, which was just right, and the food was just as good as I remembered. Maybe you just went on a very off week, but that wasn't the case for us.

I am shocked that the Hamburger Grill was never open for a 7 day cruise. I have been on the Pride 3 times and sailed on other carnival ships another 4 times and never have I been on a cruise where the Hamburger Grill was not open every afternoon from approx 12noon until 6pm.

We were on the Pride the 10th to the 17th and the food was wonderful! Grill was open every day and the prizza was really good. I hate to tell you how much pizza I ate!

As for the MDR, we had a great waiter! But we felt so sorry for him. He ran his butt off every night. Had way too many tables to take care of. And to make matters worse we were shocked at the number of folks who came in late to dinner every single night! Not just in our section either. We had 6 p.m. seating. People would walk in as much as 45 minutes late at 6:45! I think this is very inconsiderate of not only the wait staff but your fellow passengers. It throws the waiters off track when people come in so late.

I think the dining room doors should close at 6:15. If you can't get in there on time then eat elsewhere. I blame Carnival for not making it known that this will not be allowed to happen. If folks knew this I'll bet they would get there on time.

We had a wonderful cruise on the Pride!

Too many cheers from the cheers program:eek: A complaint or two would have been sufficient.