Kids Club Closing Questions

So excited to take our First Royal Cruise on Freedom next August. :D I have a question regarding closing time of the kids club. I know the official closing time is 10 and after that we have to pay. Does that need to be set up in advance and if so how long in advance? I will have two on the cruise at the time ages 9 and 11 and my 9 year old tires very easily and is up very early so I don't see us using it more than a few times. However, if we are at a show or Karaoke (not singing) having a good time do we need to be there at 10 or will they just roll over to 'charged' time? Also, if we set it up in advance and my son (or me for that matter) needs to go to bed are we still charged? I also imagine once you go into the hour you are charged for the full hour - correct. On a side note, what is the youngest you would leave your child unattended in the room and for how long. I don't leave them alone at home so can't imagine leaving them alone on a ship.

We were on Freedom in May. Our 10 year old daughter used the Adventure Ocean. There was nothing official to sign up for after hours, but we did keep the staff informed of our plans. If I recall correctly they charge in hour increments. We were pretty wiped out from the days activities, so we really only needed an extra hour on one night.

Although our DD stays home alone on occasion for short periods, I would not leave her in the cabin alone on a ship.

Our kids were the same age when we cruised last year. We found that they actually enjoyed most of the production shows put on by RCI. The only shows that they did not attend with us were the quest and adult comedy shows. We would allow our 2 to venture off on their own for short periods of time but only if they were going somewhere specific (usually for ice cream or pizza) or to stay in the cabin but they always had to be together. They particularly enjoyed the main seating comedy/magician on one of the nights.

My experience with AO, is that if you don't pick up your child by the time the "late night party" begins you are charged in one hour increments, billed directly to your sea pass.

This year my children were 9 and 11, and it was the first time I allowed them to be alone in the cabin for short periods (if they were together, with the do not disturb sign up). I also gave them sign out privileges, and they were free to leave when they wished, as long as they were together. However, they never left until I came to get them. They were always having a blast.

Archived