Ironing on Freedom

No irons anywhere on a Royal Caribbean ship for passenger use. It is a fire hazard.

You can send your clothes out for pressing, for half the cost of cleaning.

Me? I hang things up in the bathroom while I shower. Or only buy clothes that don't need ironing. :)

Royal Caribbean's laundry price list: http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/LaundryPriceList.pdf

No, I've never seen a self-serve laundry on RCI. Holland America, Princess, and Carnival (and possibly other lines I have not sailed) have self-service laundrettes with irons and ironing boards. I don't know about the other two lines, but on HAL the iron and ironing boards are free to use. It seems the decision not to have a passenger laundry is other than hazard.

Is there a place to do self ironing on FOS?

Good grief! :) Now we just covered "laundry" in a very recent thread listed below. As previously stated by the wonderful Merion_Mom, there are no self "public" laundry facilities on any Royal Caribbean or Celebrity ship. And that includes ironing, steaming, and or washing/drying your clothes by machine. You can always hand wash items in your stateroom sink, if you want. But I don't know why anyone would want to do that.

If you need items pressed or washed, you may have it done by the ships staff for a nominal fee. It's not an arm or a leg, but a small fee. You're on vacation after all, give the iron a break and let someone else do the work! :D

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1938497

Why? You are on vacation and wrinkles

Don' t matter

Thank You!

Thanks all for your replies. Sorry I didn't see the laundry thread before posting. I needed this answer for my cruise mate for this cruise. I explained to her that I have never even thought about ironing on my cruise vacation but she is so worried about wrinkles. Yes, this is her first cruise...:eek:

Thanks all for your replies. Sorry I didn't see the laundry thread before posting. I needed this answer for my cruise mate for this cruise. I explained to her that I have never even thought about ironing on my cruise vacation but she is so worried about wrinkles. Yes, this is her first cruise...:eek:

Tell your friend not to worry about wrinkles. She won't be the only one with them! ;)

Archived