Pride Review & Pics 10.27.13 and cabin 4140 (interior with french door)

funinthesun1964

Looking out the French door and to the sides:

1393788_10151963201433958_1157980993_n.jpg

1393501_10151963202333958_904360451_n.jpg

576593_10151963202943958_466379300_n.jpg

1462872_10151963203213958_1417955434_n.jpg

DH checking in with home before we set sail

1460003_10151963203378958_1885884911_n.jpg

We got gold pins, AGAIN, for about the third time. I thought the gold pins were a one-time thing, not something that you received every time! LOL, I really don't even want those pins, but I think that DH grabbed them when we were packing to come home and stuffed them in a backpack.

1422401_10151963203348958_43291543_n.jpg

I did get the fun times scanned in and on my desktop, but now they are in PDF Format and I don't know how to get them into a post ???

Wow, does the Pride have flat screens tv's in all the rooms now?

Great pics, I am enjoying them. We were just on the Pride for the 3rd time 2 months ago and your pics are bringing back great memories. Keep them coming!

And, to answer your question as to what that thing in Post #70 is, it is a trashcan which is placed just outside of a bathroom. That way, after you have washed your hands, you can take one of the small tissues on the door as you are going out to open the handle and then drop it right into the can. An extra sanitary measure to keep your hands clean and germ free!

Yeah, I've seen those little trash cans on the outside of the restrooms for that purpose, but I didn't see a restroom around this area?

Wow, does the Pride have flat screens tv's in all the rooms now?

I am not sure - I did not go in anyone else's cabin or talk about it. Unless they updated them all very recently, I don't think they do. When I saw the TV in our cabin, I figured that the one prior had 'bit the dust' and a new one replaced it.

The cabin was very nice, I really did like the French doors. I would definitely get this type of cabin again, if I ever get the chance to sail a Spirit-class ship. The bathroom was very similar to any other cabin that I have had (interior or OV). Also, liked the couch. We did plan on getting room service during the cruise, but never got around to it.

Our room steward (still not exactly sure which one he was, just had a name) was adequate. Wasn't terrible and wasn't spectacular. We did have clean towels every day, and the fun times and a towel animal every night, with turndown. I noticed one night, the towel animal was 'recycled'. I had put the animal aside to save, but the steward simply moved the animal back from the counter to the bed. LOL, not a big deal.

We did want to ask for ice, as we carried on two bottles of wine and a six pack of coke zero, but only ever saw stewards in the hallways on a couple of occasions, just in passing. Those times we forgot to ask, we were in a hurry to somewhere all the time! We were so busy that we did not call, and just forgot about it. We did notice that the refrigerator was unlocked so we did store one of the bottles of wine in there.

The 4th deck location was nice too, no noise at all in our location and not far from deck 2. We took stairs most of the time. For Lido, we took the elevator.

For some reason, I was very confused on direction on this ship. I usually am, but this was worse! Finally towards the end of the week, I knew aft from forward. I must be getting old! :o

What's in the Mocha Chocolate thing? Looks good.

It is good!

First, the chocolate syrup goes in the glass. Then, khalua, Irish Cream, Dark Rum, butterscotch schnapps, ice cream mix. Of course the whipped cream and cherry on top. No calories in that one.:eek: Or any other drink for that matter. ;)

okay this is the third time I'm going to write this post. Every time I attempt to write it, I complete, with many words and all the photos, then I hit a wrong key and poof! It's gone! WHAT!

So.....we go back to our cabin and our luggage is there. We unpack quickly because it is time for muster. Our station is B, on the outside of Deck 3. Luckily muster didn't take too long and it appeared that everything was well organized.

After muster, some members of the roll call were planning to meet on Deck 10 for sailing under the Key Bridge.

IMG_1078_zps16410b2a.jpg

IMG_1080_zpse91ed79e.jpg

We run into Bo and Susan first. We all decide to go to the spa raffle, which was happening right at that time, because we had our entry forms completed and ready to go.

Up in the gym, they raffle off several treatments. Cheri, a member of our roll call win a facial. The last raffle item was a hot stone massage. Now, you need to be present to win and they went through several names of people who weren't there. But....after several names, DH wins the hot stone massage! I was so happy on that, I knew that I was getting the massage. I had talked about it while planning the cruise, since I had never done a spa treatment on the ship.

On the way out, I made an appointment for Port Canaveral day (Wednesday) at 9:15 am.

By the time we went back to deck 10, we missed going under the Key Bridge! But, it will still close enough that I could get a picture:

IMG_1081_zpsd594ed55.jpg

I like that cabin! I guess the doors open inwards and you can get fresh air, but that you can't go out onto the cat walk as that is for ships crew? I think it is great that Carnival has interior cabins with exterior doors and the ones at the front of the ship where you can get out onto the front walkways are classified as interior too. On RCI if you get a forward porthole room it is a typically a family oceanview (can't book for two) and there is no deck to walk out to, and certainly no RCI interior cabin with a view (well, the virtual balcony view is coming online)

I am sorry if they come in as upside down - you will have to rotate the view.

I hope this works out for anyone who wants to see the fun times from embarkation day

Thanks for the FUN TIMES!!

I'm sure all the scanning is a pain!:eek:

Really appreciate them and your great review!!

Sailing with FAMILY GROUP OF 10... 5 are NEWBIES!

This helps with the INTRO TO CRUISING!!

THANKS!

I like that cabin! I guess the doors open inwards and you can get fresh air, but that you can't go out onto the cat walk as that is for ships crew? I think it is great that Carnival has interior cabins with exterior doors and the ones at the front of the ship where you can get out onto the front walkways are classified as interior too. On RCI if you get a forward porthole room it is a typically a family oceanview (can't book for two) and there is no deck to walk out to, and certainly no RCI interior cabin with a view (well, the virtual balcony view is coming online)

Yes, correct - the door open inwards but you cannot go out on the catwalk - that is only for employees and maintenance work. This type of cabin is only available on spirit class ships.

Also - wanted to mention another couple things - I had read before hand to close the curtains if you are getting dressed. I told DH this information, and he just laughed and said that he didn't think that anyone would ever be out there. Well, on the first sea day, I was in the shower, and was about to walk out - when DH yelled "Brenda, don't come out here" :eek: I laughed and said, "SEE!"

And about the door opening inward - the door couldn't open completely because the bed was right there, in the way. But we propped it open with a suitcase :o when we wanted "more time" fresh air.

Thanks for the FUN TIMES!!

I'm sure all the scanning is a pain!:eek:

Really appreciate them and your great review!!

Sailing with FAMILY GROUP OF 10... 5 are NEWBIES!

This helps with the INTRO TO CRUISING!!

THANKS!

Thank you for your comment, the scanning does take time. I do appreciate your saying thanks though, it helps to know someone can use the information! :) Glad to help.

Hey... I know you!!! LOL

I'm loving your review soo far!!! I need to write one! Think I can get Bo to do that for me. He is working on the Gopro video right now! LMAO

:D

Hello ScoobySue! Yes, I think Bo will write one for you if you ask him, he is a sweetie. I want to see that video as soon as he has it ready!!