Pride Review & Pics 10.27.13 and cabin 4140 (interior with french door)

funinthesun1964

I'm loving reading your review and just like you, we had a blast. I'm trying to talk Bo into the February cruise but I don't think we can swing it! :mad: We have to plan another cruise together in the future though!

Oh come on Susan, you will be glad you did. It's a great itinerary. Carnival will be discontinuing going into Tortola within a couple months after the cruise, and it's just a great itinerary. Plus, it's an 8 day cruise, so another day on the ship! :D

Since we're not sailing on the Pride until Nov.30.2014, I haven't really started reading reviews yet, BUT, I did start this one. I'm glad I did because I am enjoying it AND you posted the photos of the Best Western where we stayed last year when we flew to Belize for a week. I couldn't remember the name at all.

We live in Delaware and could easily just drive to the port, but we'll do a park and cruise hotel again, too.

The other reason I"m enjoying your review is that Cleveland is home. I am a loyal Browns fan, so seeing your hubby's Browns shirt made me happy. I also love Chocolate Mocha Getaways ! YUMMY !

Looking forward to the rest of the review. Love the Spirit class ships.

Oh, I didn't know you were originally from Cleveland! I packed 3 Browns shirts for him :D

I really liked the Pride and hope to do the Miracle someday. I loved the size of the ship. Not too big and not too small. :)

I am enjoying your review. I have been on the pride three times when it was sailing out of Long Beach. I like the ship.

Thank you! I liked it too. I know some people have said they didn't like the décor, but it didn't bother me. We had a great time!

Sorry that I didn't post yesterday, I was feeling a little under the weather and have a cough that just won't go away! I'm going to continue now by posting fun time for Wednesday, Port Canaveral day. :)

We did not have any plans to get off the ship today. We had been to this area many times before and have been to cocoa beach, space shuttle, Disney, etc. We didn't want to wear ourselves out, lol.

Since DH had won the hot stone massage, I had my appointment for 9:15 all set. We headed up to Lido to get some breakfast together. I headed on to the spa and I believe DH went to the gym. I think he also made some phone calls since we were in port.

My hot stone massage was very nice. When I arrived for my appointment, I was instructed to go to the "glass room" (I had posted a picture of it earlier). I filled out a form asking me various questions about my general health, injuries, etc.

The girl came to get me. I am sorry that I don't remember her name, she was from Phillipines. She told me that she was working out her contract -she was almost finished. She also said that she had some schooling in physical therapy and was probably going to return to that.

Anyway, she led me to a room and told me to get ready (undress and get on the table) and she would be back shortly. The massage itself was very nice, she questioned me repeatedly if the temperature was good for me, if the pressure was okay with me, etc. Again, very nice, very relaxing. At the end of the massage, she told me to dress and she would be back.

When she returned, she brought a glass of water with lemon and told me some issues she found during the massage. I had fluid retention in my lower legs and ankles (I ALWAYS do, every time I cruise) and some "knots" - not sure if she called them this - in my upper back. She then did the sales pitch and wanted me to buy various products at ridiculously high prices. I told her no thanks, and she said "not even the oil?". I said again, no thanks. I then tipped her in cash (I hope 25 bucks was enough) and she said thank you, and left the room.

Went out on deck to find my husband (he had been calling me on my cell) and we decided to go get changed and head out to serenity deck.

Loving your review!

What lounge was your M&G held in? Ours for our 12/01 cruise is being held in the Butterflies Lounge. They told me that was all that was available. From what I can remember, I'm thinking that lounge is a little bigger than I had hoped and I can't remember the layout around the bar area. Just wondering if it's going to be an awkward space for only about 25 or 30 people.

Loving your review!

What lounge was your M&G held in? Ours for our 12/01 cruise is being held in the Butterflies Lounge. They told me that was all that was available. From what I can remember, I'm thinking that lounge is a little bigger than I had hoped and I can't remember the layout around the bar area. Just wondering if it's going to be an awkward space for only about 25 or 30 people.

Our M&G was held in Beauties nightclub. The Butterflies Lounge would be a nice place to have it, yes, it may be a little large, but there is a nice bar area and folks will just end up congregating near there, or one of the seating areas nearby.

Oh come on Susan, you will be glad you did. It's a great itinerary. Carnival will be discontinuing going into Tortola within a couple months after the cruise, and it's just a great itinerary. Plus, it's an 8 day cruise, so another day on the ship! :D

LOL....I thought you were talking about the Pride and I have been searching for cruises on her that are 8 day and go to Tortola....I finally figured out from your countdown clock you were talking about the Freedom! :rolleyes::o

Oops - going a little out of order here. I found more pics in my pc and these are in order - so here are some photos from dinner on Tuesday night. We met up with Bo and Susan and since we had anytime dining, we had a new wait team this night. The head server was a female and I can't remember her name, but one of the assistants was Josephus. He was fun and answered all of our crazy questions. This was a good team, our dinner was fun AND efficient this night.

Josephus:

IMG_1218_zps6221c4c1.jpg

IMG_1219_zps10a4e649.jpg

Sorry, a little dark

IMG_1220_zps4f248a04.jpg

There is the woman in the background

IMG_1222_zps562481e4.jpg

LOL....I thought you were talking about the Pride and I have been searching for cruises on her that are 8 day and go to Tortola....I finally figured out from your countdown clock you were talking about the Freedom! :rolleyes::o

LOL, I was responding to Susan who was asking about our upcoming trip on the Freedom - they may come along with us too! Bob and Cheri are already booked with us!

It's okay, though - it happens to me all the time! Hard to tell sometimes who is answering what, since the entire original question does not get quoted.

okay - to finish the continuation from Tuesday night before I get back to Wednesday -

After dinner we went to the Piano bar. I had a cosmo! Love my martinis! By the way, I wanted to get to the martini tasting and never did get a chance!

IMG_1223_zpsc3af3b39.jpg

Roger was in the Piano Bar and he was entertaining. We had a good time there.

IMG_1224_zps467f3ff3.jpg

IMG_1225_zps829872b6.jpg

The woman server at the Piano Bar was great, also she was working in Florentine's later in the week.

Back to Wednesday now! Sorry about that.

After my hot stone massage, we headed to serenity. It was nice as it wasn't overcrowded. However, I do think that many people DID choose to stay on the ship this day.

IMG_1228_zps0bdecac5.jpg

IMG_1229_zpsde97f379.jpg

The above picture shows people in the Jacuzzi. Well, after a while, the water just drained on its own and it quit working. Soon after, an employee came to put an "out of order" sign there. So that was out of commission for the next couple of hours. Not sure when they had it up and running again.

While we were at Serenity, DH went to get us pizza for lunch. Then he went to the bar to get us a couple of draft beers. Serenity area has its own bar. He waited quite a while to get those 2 beers, there was only one bartender working at the time. I think the other one had went to get ice, or some other supplies. But, eventually we did get our beer. We did not notice any server walking around to get orders back there the whole time we were there (about two hours).

Views of Port Canaveral:

IMG_1230_zps69f55371.jpg

IMG_1231_zps31b4565c.jpg

The day started out a little cloudy, but then became sunny:

IMG_1232_zpsbcc154c3.jpg

Edited by funinthesun1964

After a couple hours at Serenity, we decided we had had enough. We went back inside and decided we would check to see if the future cruise desk guy was there. As we made our way down to Deck 2, we noticed some Halloween decorations were out already:

IMG_1233_zpsa1688764.jpg

IMG_1234_zps817b3ba0.jpg

IMG_1235_zps14036d66.jpg

We talked to the guy at the Cruise desk and he looked up our cruise and gave us options. He told us that the price may change the next day, so he told us to see him before we left for port at Nassau. We left there and walked around the ship.

IMG_1236_zps48e1c5c8.jpg

We noticed that there a wedding party walking around. Later we found out there had been 3 weddings on the ship that day. We ended up seeing two of the brides/grooms.

We went back to the cabin and had showers. At 6 pm, I wanted to be out on one of the decks for sailaway from PC

I always like to watch the Pilot boat

IMG_1237_zpse37c8b95.jpg

Along the shoreline were a few bars, where people were waving to us. We also passed a state park and saw a few friendly folks there.

IMG_1238_zpse7db9b15.jpg

IMG_1239_zpsdaaad7ca.jpg

IMG_1240_zps1f409f0a.jpg

We went back inside and stumbled upon an area which was like a "secret hallway". I had seen pictures of this area on different reviews before, but wanted to see the entire area. If you walk all the way down the hall, it leads into the theater. It was a neat place. We saw a few employees walking along this area, but that was about it.

IMG_1241_zps23878df1.jpg

IMG_1242_zps9586b95b.jpg

A seating area across from the tables:

IMG_1243_zpsaa4e468d.jpg

A view of both tables and couch

IMG_1244_zpscad54b3b.jpg

It was a nice place to sit and relax, we just became bored with it and left.

We moved along to the library. I logged on to Carnival website to double check other cruises for my birthday week in February, to be sure that I didn't want to go on another cruise than the one I had originally picked. There were some great deals on other cruises, but in the end I just have my heart set on going to Tortola and Antigua.

I took some pictures while in the Library, as I didn't get many before.

Nice big screen monitors

IMG_1245_zpsae2f6b78.jpg

IMG_1246_zps01b30c6c.jpg

There's the printer!

IMG_1247_zpsd96f1e34.jpg

Scrabble anyone?

IMG_1248_zps9a4d29ab.jpg

Out in the ship promenade deck, we passed the shops

IMG_1249_zpsc68e110e.jpg

IMG_1250_zps978d7aee.jpg

I did not get any other pictures the rest of the day. I was having too much fun :D

We did not go to the show "wonderful world". I had heard that it was a good show, but just never made it.

We met up with Bob and Cheri later, and watched some Karaoke in Florentine's. Kim was there, and I think this was the same karaoke host that we had on Fascination in February of 2011. He is a riot and makes me laugh. We had a good time there. Cheri went to get a pager for the MDR for the four of us and we had a nice dinner.

I know that we attempted to go outside for the deck party tonight, but I'm telling you that it was seriously windy out there! I'm not the only one who thought so, many other people were going out there, only to turn around and go back because of the wind. I was not hungry either, so didn't bother to even look at the buffet offerings.

We were in bed again fairly early - by 11:00. I know, heavy partiers we are :p

Edited by funinthesun1964

Oh, I didn't know you were originally from Cleveland! I packed 3 Browns shirts for him :D

I really liked the Pride and hope to do the Miracle someday. I loved the size of the ship. Not too big and not too small. :)

We're looking forward to the Pride because we've done the Legend and the Miracle and love the size. The Secret Hallway on each Spirit Class ships had been one of my hangouts.

You ought to join us on the Swan Song of the Pride as it leaves Baltimore for a new home port (Tampa.) The Nov. 30, 2014 seems like it will be a good one. Eight days with the ports of Grand Turk, St. Thomas, St. Kitts, St. Martaan, and ending in San Juan.

We'll probably choose the Best Western again for parking while away and then spend two days in San Juan after the cruise. Southwest has reasonable non-stops back to BWI , so it sounds exciting.

We've always cruised out of FL so take advantage of spending a couple of days with our son who lives in Hollywood, FL but we're ready to start a cruise well rested for a change.

Join us and we can rock the ship with some Browns gear !

We're looking forward to the Pride because we've done the Legend and the Miracle and love the size. The Secret Hallway on each Spirit Class ships had been one of my hangouts.

You ought to join us on the Swan Song of the Pride as it leaves Baltimore for a new home port (Tampa.) The Nov. 30, 2014 seems like it will be a good one. Eight days with the ports of Grand Turk, St. Thomas, St. Kitts, St. Martaan, and ending in San Juan.

We'll probably choose the Best Western again for parking while away and then spend two days in San Juan after the cruise. Southwest has reasonable non-stops back to BWI , so it sounds exciting.

We've always cruised out of FL so take advantage of spending a couple of days with our son who lives in Hollywood, FL but we're ready to start a cruise well rested for a change.

Join us and we can rock the ship with some Browns gear !

Oh, I heard about that one and the itinerary sounds wonderful!!!! I'm sure it is going to be a fun time! But, we have committed to going on the Conquest with some friends of ours in late October, and unfortunately we can't do both :( Wish that we could!