Pride Review & Pics 10.27.13 and cabin 4140 (interior with french door)

funinthesun1964

Going on a Pride Cruise soon. Second time on the ship. I was on the You Tube Carnival site that showed improvements in on board activities. More interactive stage games. Better comedy, Great DJ's. Did you notice big improvements in the activities? You are an experienced Carnival cruiser so has ther been more FUN added?

Can you give me the link to that? I would like to see it!

I hadn't heard anything about better comedy. The only upgrades I had heard about for Carnival ships were the 2.0 upgrades. The Pride does not yet have the 2.0. It's scheduled for fall of 2014 to get the upgrades.

I did not notice any improvements on this ship over any other ship lately. Comedians are a hit or miss. This cruise we had two comedians that we had seen before, Seth Buchwald was one of them. He was funny.

IMO, a DJ is a DJ. They just play music. I didn't notice anything spectacular about any of them.

Thanks for the pictures and narration. My wife and I are sailing on January 19th, 2014. We appreciated to great tour of the ship and the ports. We've never been to Freeport. Based on your account we're looking forward to it.

Thanks again.

Thanks for the pictures and narration. My wife and I are sailing on January 19th, 2014. We appreciated to great tour of the ship and the ports. We've never been to Freeport. Based on your account we're looking forward to it.

Thanks again.

Have a wonderful cruise! Just relax, and enjoy the trip! :D

• 1 month later...

Thanks so much for your review! We sail the Pride for the first time in November.

A couple of questions:

1. Your first day of Fun Times mentioned something about a "rewards program" for the photo gallery. Any more information on that?
  2. Do the TVs in the cabin allow you to do things like check your Sign & Sail, look at dinner menus, etc?
  3. Was the wifi free at the sports bar in Freeport?

Thanks so much for your review! We sail the Pride for the first time in November.

A couple of questions:

1. Your first day of Fun Times mentioned something about a "rewards program" for the photo gallery. Any more information on that?
  2. Do the TVs in the cabin allow you to do things like check your Sign & Sail, look at dinner menus, etc?
  3. Was the wifi free at the sports bar in Freeport?

You are welcome! I hope that you will love your cruise!

I am sorry, I don't know about the rewards program for the photo gallery. We rarely buy photos, and I don't think that we bought any on this trip.

I know on the other ships the TVs do allow you to look at menus and check bill balance, but I cannot say for sure about this ship, because I don't think we ever checked those things. It just seems we were so busy all the time. We went to the cabin each night and crashed, and were up doing something again next morning! We barely had the TV on at all.

Yes, the wifi was free at the sports bar in Freeport. Many people there were using it, and I remember seeing a lot of crew there. Someone that we were acquainted with was there using their Ipad.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help to questions #1 and #2. Have a great time on the Pride!

Thanks for this great review!

We just booked this cruise, our first Carnival one.

Your pictures are especially helpful!

We have the anytime dining too, and I have a question about that. You mention eating with others several times. Did you request to sit with others or is that just assigned when you show up? We have done NCL and freestyle dining but were always seated by ourselves.

Thanks for this great review!

We just booked this cruise, our first Carnival one.

Your pictures are especially helpful!

We have the anytime dining too, and I have a question about that. You mention eating with others several times. Did you request to sit with others or is that just assigned when you show up? We have done NCL and freestyle dining but were always seated by ourselves.

Well, if we are on a cruise by ourselves (just hubby and I) - when we go to the dining room, they ask if we would like to be seated with others or alone. They give you a choice when you have anytime dining. It's up to you.

However, on this cruise, we quickly formed a friendship with two other couples on our roll call, so we generally ate dinner with one or both of these couples.

Enjoy the cruise! :)

Great Review! We are staying at the BWI precruise so thank you for the info on the hotel. Did you feel the parking was safe at the hotel? I'm a little worried about leaving the car for the week.

Thanks! Yes, we felt the parking was safe at this hotel. It is not gated or anything, but the area is fine. We were not sure either, so we didn't take our newer car. After we returned from the cruise, we found no problems whatsoever.

No problem! Have a wonderful cruise!

Also, if you need to get something to eat the evening of the night you are at the hotel - the pub-like place next door was good. But if you order beer watch for prices. I ordered a pitcher when I sat down and waited for my husband to arrive (he went to the car for a minute). When we got the bill, we saw that the pitcher of Bud Light was $13.00:eek: We thought that was rather expensive.

IMG_1201_zps612814d7.jpg

Well we had plenty of drinks. No shortage there. The appetizer foods were different on this cruise than before. I didn't really care for them. I declined after the first two attempts at tasting.

IMG_1204_zpsf8d8d13e.jpg

IMG_1205_zps4e8d4be7.jpg

It looks like everyone is drinking the exact same drink. What was that, and were you able to order what you like?

It looks like everyone is drinking the exact same drink. What was that, and were you able to order what you like?

Yes, this is the drink they start handing out upon arrival to the party. It's like a fruity rum punch - not sure of the "proper" name. But it was very good. Later they go to another drink, tastes like yellow bird to me, but not sure if that is what it is. And yes, you can order what you like. One of my friends here went up to the bar to get a martini and brought it back to our seats. We shared :p

Our room steward (still not exactly sure which one he was, just had a name) was adequate. Wasn't terrible and wasn't spectacular. We did have clean towels every day, and the fun times and a towel animal every night, with turndown. I noticed one night, the towel animal was 'recycled'. I had put the animal aside to save, but the steward simply moved the animal back from the counter to the bed. LOL, not a big deal.

We did want to ask for ice, as we carried on two bottles of wine and a six pack of coke zero, but only ever saw stewards in the hallways on a couple of occasions, just in passing. Those times we forgot to ask, we were in a hurry to somewhere all the time! We were so busy that we did not call, and just forgot about it. /QUOTE]

We got off the Pride as you were getting on. We were in room 4124 and had the same room steward. I never figured out which one was he was. He only did an adequate job but it wasn't me cleaning and straightening.