Dining changes coming

Cruisin 4 Ever

fresh from his blog:

And on that note, we end today’s Q&A. Thanks for all your comments and questions. OK, lots of you have been asking about the new dining room menus and what’s happening and when and most were concerned that we were going to make changes that had been reported on Cruise Critic’s boards. So let me just say this. We are not planning any changes to the main dining room menus that will reduce the quantity, variety or quality of choices available to guests. However, we are examining potential changes to update our main dining experience. More information will be available once we are ready to begin piloting those changes and that may possibly come this week so stay tuned.

What would management do if there were no meetings ? My management team sits and talks all day but the small changes that are needed never come to fruition. :D

Lol. That's probably why they have to keep having meetings.

fresh from his blog:

Quote:

And on that note, we end today’s Q&A. Thanks for all your comments and questions. OK, lots of you have been asking about the new dining room menus and what’s happening and when and most were concerned that we were going to make changes that had been reported on Cruise Critic’s boards. So let me just say this. We are not planning any changes to the main dining room menus that will reduce the quantity, variety or quality of choices available to guests. However, we are examining potential changes to update our main dining experience. More information will be available once we are ready to begin piloting those changes and that may possibly come this week so stay tuned.

Oh my word...what kind of answer is that? Glad I wasn't holding my breath for that announcement.

Not just for better rooms. A premium dining plan offered to anyone willing to purchase it. This already exists at land resorts. Some of us don't want the $50 per day fare to get $50 per day fare.

If your happy with ribs, fried chicken, meatloaf, and flat iron steaks, simply choose that plan.

If you want cuisine different than ribs, fried chicken, meatloaf, and flat iron steaks, why are you cruising with Carvnival to begin with?

We go into a Carnival cruise knowing ahead of time that the food is going be lackluster. We've come to expect it. But you also usually get lower rates than the others. You have to take the good with the bad. I seriously doubt they are going to announce great new menus, and better quality food. But we can hope anyway!

I like the idea of a higher cost/ separate dinning room .. sorta like celeb's

it would keep fares low and people could choose if they would care for flat iron/meatloaf / or perhaps something that's a bit more quality and expensive .

best of two worlds...

BTW the people complaining about meetings are either not invited to them or not effective in them :D

If you want cuisine different than ribs, fried chicken, meatloaf, and flat iron steaks, why are you cruising with Carvnival to begin with?

We go into a Carnival cruise knowing ahead of time that the food is going be lackluster. We've come to expect it. But you also usually get lower rates than the others. You have to take the good with the bad. I seriously doubt they are going to announce great new menus, and better quality food. But we can hope anyway!

Tahts actually a good idea. It would draw back thise that left when Carnival went generic. Those who want the basic plan can keep the basic plan.

Except nothing says this is even in the works.

Just a few changes on every course of the menu would be nice. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out to take away items people never order and replace them. And people have been complaining about ribs on elegant night for years.

I don't really have a problem with Carnival's food, and see no issue with offering items such as ribs, fried chicken, meatloaf, and flat iron steaks. Some people like those items and even though I don't order it I don't mind it being on the menu. If you don't like it don't order it. If someone wants more upscale they can eat in the steakhouse as many nights as they'd like.

I really like the pumpkin soup, prime rib, lobster, and chateaubriand just to name a few. In fact I think the prime rib on my last couple of cruises has improved getting it cooked the way I like.

What I would like to see is a decreased workload on the servers. The new three person teams only work well when each of the three is very good at what they do, but even then they have too many seats to keep up with.

Well, I do regret the flat iron steak replacing the strip, but if I want a good steak it is only a few decks away at the steakhouse.

Not every change Carnival makes is bad. Guy's Burgers and the Blue Iguana Cantina seem to be pretty popular; I'll be able to judge those and the current MDR menus next week :D

John

it would keep fares low and people could choose if they would care for flat iron/meatloaf / or perhaps something that's a bit more quality and expensive .

b

CCL is a for profit corporation- the last thing they want is low prices.

I like the idea of a higher cost/ separate dinning room .. sorta like celeb's

best of two worlds...

BTW the people complaining about meetings are either not invited to them or not effective in them :D

Since we're diving the dining room by class, why don't we divide the decks by class: those who want to pay more can have the better decks, pools and chairs /endsarcasm

c'mon man. Divided dining rooms? High and low class dining. That is getting a little extreme imo

Since we're diving the dining room by class, why don't we divide the decks by class: those who want to pay more can have the better decks, pools and chairs /endsarcasm

c'mon man. Divided dining rooms? High and low class dining. That is getting a little extreme imo

Isn't it already like that?

Suite vs inside cabin...

NCL has the Haven area. Isn't that like a first class separation?

Not saying I agree with it or not. Just pointing out that it kind of already exist.

Suite vs inside cabin...

Not saying I agree with it or not. Just pointing out that it kind of already exist.

No idea what the Haven area is. Enlighten me.

Suite vs inside cabin...

Not on Carnival

If people want different class of service that is what Cunard is for

NCL does have the Haven

Really nice and way to much money for us to spend

No idea what the Haven area is. Enlighten me.

It's an NCL thing...a private sun/pool deck and dining facilities with full-time butler and concierge service for suite guests only (and their suites are LIGHTYEARS better than Carnivals and also MASSIVELY more expensive). At this point with the level of accomodation and services available to suite guests on NCL it is basically as close as any mainstream cruiseline can come to offering a two-class system. That's OK with me...I'd book it if I could afford to.

Not on Carnival

If people want different class of service that is what Cunard is for

NCL does have the Haven

Really nice and way to much money for us to spend

Carnival has suites and pay resterants that are better. All geared for those with extra money.

If you can't afford it you stay in an inside cabin and eat at the MDR.

So in a way the are seperated by class.