Great Vacation Guarantee.. Thoughts??

firstcruiseever

So I stumbled across the "great vacation Guarantee" on the carnival website. It seems cool, then I realized you have to tell them within 24 hours of getting ON the ship and then they will fly you out of where ever you are closest to. hmm..... Doesn't sound too fun....

"The Carnival Great Vacation Guarantee™ is the greatest guarantee you’ll never need to use. If you’re not happy with any 3–8 day Carnival vacation you take to The Bahamas, the Caribbean, the Mexican Riviera, Canada/New England or Alaska, just let us know within 24 hours of your departure. We’ll refund 110% of your fare and our Guest Services will get you back to your home, free of charge. With no hassles and no questions asked.

Vacation days are precious. If you decide spending them on a Carnival cruise isn’t for you, you don’t have to. Our Guest Services team will make all the arrangements to get you off the ship as quickly as we can, and fly you to either your home airport if you flew in, or back to your point of embarkation if you drove to the ship.

If you decide within 24 hours of the start of your cruise that it’s not for you, simply notify Carnival’s onboard Guest Services desk. We’ll take it from there. And if you decide later that you want to give Carnival another try, we’ll even give a $100 per stateroom onboard credit to any guest in your party who exercised the guarantee and, within a year, books another Carnival cruise.

Applies to U.S. and Canadian residents only. Due to a U.S. Government requirement, guests must be in possession of a valid passport to return to the U.S. by air from Canada, Mexico, Central and South America, Caribbean, The Bahamas and Bermuda."

My guess is that Carnival has discovered(the hard way?) that

if anyone is being a thorough pain-in-the-U-know-Where during the very first 24 hrs. of being on board

--when most folks are being just thrilled--

then it's worth their while to get that person off the ship

because the misery has only just started! :cool:

Willing to bet such cases are few and far between, but experience has now pointed this up.

Just get them off the ship!

Can't imagine what could have me so utterly miserable on the very first day/night of my long-awaited cruise

but it takes all kinds to fill the freeway, and/or the sea-lanes! :)

My guess is that Carnival has discovered(the hard way?) that

if anyone is being a thorough pain-in-the-U-know-Where during the very first 24 hrs. of being on board

--when most folks are being just thrilled--

then it's worth their while to get that person off the ship

because the misery has only just started! :cool:

Willing to bet such cases are few and far between, but experience has now pointed this up.

Just get them off the ship!

Can't imagine what could have me so utterly miserable on the very first day/night of my long-awaited cruise

but it takes all kinds to fill the freeway, and/or the sea-lanes! :)

That's what I was thinking! HOnestly how could you be so upset in the first place on any day on your cruise? I mean yeah, you may not get the service you expected or your bed might be uncomfortable (we had that one) but I would never say I should get a refund for it. And if you went for 24 hours, WHAT WOULD BE SO BAD that you would be willing to get off your cruise and return home??

While it is not used 99.999% of the time, personally I think that cruisers should be glad it is offered....

IF someone is willing to get off the ship in the first 24 hours due to a cabin that is to hot...something tells me this will be an incentive to get the problem fixed (and quickly)....

We considered using it on a recent cruise when our guarantee cabin turned out to be one over the engines. We expected engine noise and were able to deal with it as it was a consistent hum - and a slightly vibrating bed. :) However, what we didn't consider was the many items that had been shaken loose over time. There were no fewer than 12 different things rattling loudly all through the night. We couldn't imagine spending 4 more sleepness nights and being unable to enjoy the vacation we had been looking forward to for some time. Initially, they told us the ship was full and there were no other rooms available. I would rather have left and booked a different cruise (with Carnival) when I was in a better position to choose the cabin. It was nothing against Carnival but was an unfortunate luck of the draw for us. Luckily, after some additional discussion, they were able to move us to a new cabin and we were able to remain on board and enjoy our vacation. And we had a great cruise!

We considered using it on a recent cruise when our guarantee cabin turned out to be one over the engines. We expected engine noise and were able to deal with it as it was a consistent hum - and a slightly vibrating bed. :) However, what we didn't consider was the many items that had been shaken loose over time. There were no fewer than 12 different things rattling loudly all through the night. We couldn't imagine spending 4 more sleepness nights and being unable to enjoy the vacation we had been looking forward to for some time. Initially, they told us the ship was full and there were no other rooms available. I would rather have left and booked a different cruise (with Carnival) when I was in a better position to choose the cabin. It was nothing against Carnival but was an unfortunate luck of the draw for us. Luckily, after some additional discussion, Carnival was able to move us to a new cabin and we were able to remain on board and enjoy our vacation. And we had a great cruise!

Vibrating bed doesn't sound so bad LOL:eek:

Archived