Royal Princess. The budget ship.

antsp

With all the doom and gloom on the Royal, and the prices of her itinaries dropping all the time, do you think the Royal will be the cheapest ship to sail on out the fleet.

I don't see all gloom and doom. I see a lot of posters that had a good time, would sail her again, and posters looking forward to cruising on the Royal.

I see and hear the same people griping and complaining over and over about how Princess done them wrong, how they will never set foot on the ship, and they expect her and the Regal to fail.

Someone didn't get the memo that there are other people in the world cruising that may have different likes and opinions. If you open your minds and realize that you have 14 other Princess ships to sail, then you have a solution to your Royal Princess agony. Go book a cruise on a ship you like and stop dwelling on the one you hate.:D

No gloom and doom here either. It was our first cruise and we had a great time. Cabin was small, but there were four of us so that was to be expected. Food was great, staff were friendly and polite, everything clean and lovely.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I don't see all gloom and doom. I see a lot of posters that had a good time, would sail her again, and posters looking forward to cruising on the Royal.

I see and hear the same people griping and complaining over and over about how Princess done them wrong, how they will never set foot on the ship, and they expect her and the Regal to fail.

Someone didn't get the memo that there are other people in the world cruising that may have different likes and opinions. If you open your minds and realize that you have 14 other Princess ships to sail, then you have a solution to your Royal Princess agony. Go book a cruise on a ship you like and stop dwelling on the one you hate.:D

Thanks for the perspective, Mom33. There has been about 40,000 people that have been on the Royal so far, and how many have we heard from???? Still looking forward to our cruise on a new ship with my family. We are blessed.

Paul

With all the doom and gloom on the Royal, and the prices of her itinaries dropping all the time, do you think the Royal will be the cheapest ship to sail on out the fleet.

I think in the Caribbean, this ship is going to be the one that they are going to struggle to fill more frequently.

In Europe, it will be the only (larger) Princess ship in the Baltics so it will probably go for the going rate and may only be discounted due to the extra berths available.

How's the Norwegian Epic selling these days? I know there seemed to be a lot of negative opinion on that particular ship when it first debuted, which seems similar to how people are talking about the Royal Princess.

Its not gloom and doom, rather peoples opinions based on a) how often they sail,i.e. their expectations based on numerous previous sailings and b) what is acceptable to them personally for the hard earned money they spend. People have the right to decide if the frequency of reports on Royal will cause them to keep their current reservation, book future cruises on the Royal, or choose other ships/lines. I communicate with people that sail Princess often. Some have sailed on the Royal. My best friend has a biz that only books cruises (he worked for Princess for 12 years). I trust what he tells me and he says he is amazed at the cancelations on Royal compared to previous Princess ship launches and even the number that canceled on Allure and Oasis. He says its record numbers for his business. Do what you like, that is your right and the beauty of having so many cruise options. For me and many others I'll stay with the older Princess ships. Enjoy your time on the Royal.

Finally, a thread with new info and a fresh perspective on the Royal! Oh...wait.

Just a protip: posting numerous, weird threads about the Royal only undercuts the legit issues people raise.

No kidding...I don't find the repeatedly negative threads helpful from the same people who haven't even sailed on the Royal. I enjoyed the 18 day TA & for me there were many more positives than negatives. There isn't a ship that is perfect for everyone and I don't think the doom & gloom scenarios were accurate.

For some any sort of change is met with resistance & I've found it interesting how some want new ships just like the old ones. The same ships some complained about when adding another passenger deck are for some now the "good old days". ;)

I'm reserving judgment until I have a chance to check out the ship for myself, but I would like to sail it at some point. I had actually wanted to do the Bon Voyage Experience on the Royal Princess the day before the Emerald Princess sailing I have coming up, but it was already booked up by the time I called to arrange it.

No kidding...I don't find the repeatedly negative threads helpful from the same people who haven't even sailed on the Royal. I enjoyed the 18 day TA & for me there were many more positives than negatives. There isn't a ship that is perfect for everyone and I don't think the doom & gloom scenarios were accurate.

For some any sort of change is met with resistance & I've found it interesting how some want new ships just like the old ones. The same ships some complained about when adding another passenger deck are for some now the "good old days". ;)

Well said, Astro Flyer....

No doom and gloom from me either. We enjoyed our two cruises on the Royal with different demographics and scenarios (TA and Caribbean). But, I still have to say that of the 11 different Princess ships I have sailed on, the Royal would be my next to last favorite, above Dawn and Sea and below Grand. Not a big spread between any of the ships, but not likely to sail Royal again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Well said, my friend. :)

I don't understand why people who never intend to sail on the Royal are consistently posting about her. Move on! Surely there is more to life than consistently bashing something that isn't for you! :confused:

Well said' date=' my friend. :) [/size']

I don't understand why people who never intend to sail on the Royal are consistently posting about her. Move on! Surely there is more to life than consistently bashing something that isn't for you! :confused:

Mahalo & hope you're felling 'mo bettah'. :)

We share our experiences (good & bad) without trying to sway anyone either way. Some seem determined to convince everyone that the Royal is a bad ship. Many things that are important to me (atrium, HC, food, service, bedding) were great & additions such as the improved TV system, Royal@Sea intranet, Wine Maker's Dinner & others were also great.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Sorry, not familiar with single pricing. When checking for 1 person (logged in with my account) it showed $1298 for a single in a balcony cabin, i.e. double the rate for two. Guess I'm missing something.

Hmmm . . . guess you must be getting the benefit of some targeted special that I'm not. Lucky you. I'd definitely pay $1300 for a balcony cabin; that's a steal.