Minimum age restrictions

Teodor

Are the minimum age restrictions for the shore excursions(Caribbean itinerary) strict or just recommended?

I am asking because we are with 2 kids, the small one is 2 year old and that fact restrict us on almost half of the excursions.

For example any 4x4 excursions is restricted, but we already were on that in Dubai and Africa even with younger kid.

I know that Americans have more tight safety regulations, maybe that's it.

Are the minimum age restrictions for the shore excursions(Caribbean itinerary) strict or just recommended?

I am asking because we are with 2 kids, the small one is 2 year old and that fact restrict us on almost half of the excursions.

For example any 4x4 excursions is restricted, but we already were on that in Dubai and Africa even with younger kid.

I know that Americans have more tight safety regulations, maybe that's it.

It's my understanding that they are strict and that they are set by the excursion operator (I could be wrong on that last point). Since the cruise ship carries a foreign flag and the excursions are taking place in a different country it probably has little to do with Americans having more tight safety regulations (unless of course the excursion is in a US port;)).

Archived