*courtyard Miami Downtown**

toovey

Courtyard Miami Downtown

200 SE Second Avenue

Miami, FL

:confused:Staying Pre cruise Dec28-31/05 3 people in King Suite

:confused:Clean:confused:Comfortable:confused:Pool clean useable

We stayed at this hotel in March 2005. It is right across the street from the Embassy Suites. Got on Priceline for $55. The service was one of the best ever. Everyone we ran into including the maids cleaning the elevators were super nice. Best breakfast buffet ever, although not included , it is reasonable. It is within walking distance of French Quarter, be careful after dark though if coming back on foot. Stay with lots of people once past canal street. We were able to see most of Jackson square, Bourbon, etc. the evening we got there. Next morning we got up and took the streetcar through the historic section. really nice houses. take exact change of $1.25 or buy a unlimited pass for $5 and you can get off,wander,take pictures and catch the next car. It is one big loop, however, we did not realize that to take the entire loop you must change cars 4 times and its about 3 hours. we just went West past Tulane and the zoo area, changed cars at the end and rode back to canal street. easy to walk back to the hotel, grab luggage by noon and head over to the port.

Even if you are tempted to trek over to the ship, beware, though the ship looks fairly close (just 2 blocks over.)The route a pedestrian must take can be confusing and very dangerous due to lots of traffic. pay the $7 and get a nice cab.

Hope you enjoy. Write if you need more info.

kadeycat@hotmail.com

We stayed at the Miami Courtyard in January and loved it! It is now also available through Priceline.

It was clean and bright, the staff was friendly and helpful and the breakfast was good.

We paid $109, which included a king room, shuttle to the port (reserve your time when you check in- it's busy) and breakfast in the lobby (nice selection of hot and cold items). Didn't know about Priceline at the time.....

It's also pretty close to Bayside Marketplace- 10 minute walk tops.

For dinner we took a cab to Porcao for Brazillian Rodizio (all you can eat meat- in preparation for all that cruise food:D ) which was $7 but we could have walked there in 10 minutes (the staff will warn you not to walk around at night though).

If you just want a little pastry for breakfast, there is a cuban coffee shop with great guava turnovers kitty corner to the hotel.

If you can get a good price I would highly recommend it!

Cheers,

I just got a one night reservation at this hotel in Miami on priceline for $46. It is a 2 1/2 star on pricline, but I have seen it mentioned as a 3 star on other places. I am staying there on a Sat. in January 06. I got it on my first priceline bid for downtown miami 2 1/2* at $46.

Subtotal: $46.00 Taxes and Fees:

$13.49 Total Charges: $59.49</B>

The Courtyard is a few blocks closer to the port than the JW Marriott (a minute or so drive if it's even that long), but the Courtyard is across from a large construction site if that bothers you. The Courtyard is across from the downtown Hyatt, but there's really nothing else within walking distance. It can be done, but I wouldn't recommend walking to Bayside from there at night, at least not unless you're in a large group!

The 2 hotels are like apples and oranges though. The Courtyard is an old remodeled Howard Johnsons from the late 60s, the JW Marriott is only a few years old and is a higher end luxury property, but they have very good rates on weekends, particularly if you're a AAA member. IMO there's no contest, I'd spend a little bit more and go with the JW Marriott.

Archived