Losing for fall 2014 cruise

MikeNKim

For the first time every I am not going to do the OMG I cruise in 2 months and need to lose 50pds. I am basically taking a year to do this and hope there are others along the way with me.

I have about 50 pds to lose by November 2014 anyone else?

For the first time every I am not going to do the OMG I cruise in 2 months and need to lose 50pds. I am basically taking a year to do this and hope there are others along the way with me.

I have about 50 pds to lose by November 2014 anyone else?

I lost about 20 lbs in the 18 months. Blood Pressure down and sleeping better.

I have about five to go, hoping to have it off before the end of the year, but it's been tough due to repeated sports injuries. (It sucks to get old!)

I'm happy to be here to support you though!

PS--If you haven't done so, join My Fitness Pal and track your calories and exercise--it's amazing how well it helps you!

Just booked Carnival Sunshine for 7 day cruise leaving March 30. Would love to lose about 35-40 lbs by cruise time so that I can fit comfortably back into summer dresses. I agree with earlier post advising using My Fitness Pal app. It's free and really useful for giving you info about what your eating patterns are (eg too much sugar, too much fatty foods) And provides encouragement when you reach calorie and exercise goals. Like anything though it only works great if you actually use it. I haven't tracked my food this week :-(. But... This forum/thread just gave me the encouragement I needed. Thanks and good luck to all of you!

Wow thank you all for the support!!!

I started Monday and I have been eating great meals and exercising. I am going to make Friday my official weight in day but I make the horrible mistake of weighing myself daily. I also took all my measurements.

Congrats to so many of you who have had success please share some secrets:D

Kim

Kim, I changed my eating habits. I weigh and measure everything. I eat organic,GMO free, and unprocessed, and cook 90% of what goes into my mouth starting with single ingredients. Right now I'm eating an egg white omelette with feta and spinach. 314 calories that totally fill me up--I use an entire pint of egg whites!

I eat only whole grains. Oatmeal (not the instant type, that has chemicals in it), quinoa, and spelt. A couple times a month I'll have organic pizza, I've been messing around with making a pizza dough out of quinoa, whole grain wheat, and semolina flours, getting close but haven't perfected it yet.

I eat no added sugar. Al my sugar comes from fresh or sometimes frozen fruit.

I don't eat potatoes, only brown rice, and then not more than once or twice a week and In small quantities.

I make my own salad dressing which is low cal and low fat, one part olive oil to five parts balsamic vinegar, add garlic and mustard powder to taste. Shelf stable, I leave it on the counter. (Think about the store bought that you leave in the fridge, but the oil doesn't congeal. That's because of the chemicals they add!)

I eat chicken breast and fish, lean beef once, maybe twice a month.

Lot's of veggies!

I drink a ton of water, at least 12 cups a day.

No soda, diet soda, or any chemicals. The chemicals in our foods trick our brains into craving junk food. Eat clean, organic, and GMO free for two weeks and you'll have no more cravings. These days I crave banana and pineapple. Last week I feel off the wagon for a couple of days due to work obligations, and didn't eat clean. I started to crave junk like Oreo's and soda, cravings I haven't had since I began to eat clean over six months ago. I ate fruit instead, and a week later those cravings are gone. It's scary how much I fluency the chemicals in processed foods have in our brains!

I also exercise, typically two hours a day, a combination of cardio, strength training, and yoga. I make the time. I don't watch TV (except the news in the morning while getting dressed and the Big Bang Theory). The more muscle you build, the more calories your body will burn just existing. I LOVE the way my arms look after spending six months working on them, even one of my yoga instructors complimented me on them a couple weeks ago. :)

I have changed my relationship with food, and now look at it as fuel for my body, and eat what my body needs, no more than that. I think that's the most important first step. It doesn't mean that you have to eat food you don't like, but rather that you need to figure out what foods you do like that are healthy for you and eat them in the right quantities, and stop eating foods that aren't good for you. I love the food I eat, if I don't like something I won't eat it. Also since I changed the way I eat, the foods I do eat taste better!

I weigh daily (just a compulsion, but don't get worried if I'm up a pound or two one day, it goes away a few days later. I also check my body fat percentage twice a month--that is a far better indicator.

Anyhow, that's what has worked for me. I've lost 40 pounds, have 23% body fat (aiming for 20%), and gone from a barely squeeze into it size 12 to a 4 or 6. I feel better mentally and physically.

Autocorrect responsible for most typos...

Edited by ducklite

Hunt Family here trying to lose before we cruise in July 2014. We are polygamist family. I have two wives and we all trying to lose some extra pounds. My first wife wants to lose about 25 pounds, my second wife is having Gastric Bypass surgery in February so she will probably lose at least a 100 pounds before the cruise and I hope to lose 35 to 40 by then. I love the weight tracker some of you guys have on your profiles.

I have lost 25# since June. Would love to be down at least 15 more by our February cruise. Have been walking but lately I have had swelling in one leg. I might need to use compression socks. I have My Fitness Pal app on my phone but I haven't figured out how to lose. For lunch I had a 6 inch turkey sub on wheat from Subway. I put that in for my lunch and then it asks for calories etc. is this how that app works ?

Would love the support from others losing weight

I have lost 25# since June. Would love to be down at least 15 more by our February cruise. Have been walking but lately I have had swelling in one leg. I might need to use compression socks. I have My Fitness Pal app on my phone but I haven't figured out how to lose. For lunch I had a 6 inch turkey sub on wheat from Subway. I put that in for my lunch and then it asks for calories etc. is this how that app works ?

Would love the support from others losing weight

Yes. FYI, that sub isn't very good for you. While wheat bread is just white bread with a little while wheat mixed in. Whole grain bread is the good stuff. No bread is better.

Well the bread was dry so only had bottom layer and it was packed with veggies. Guess you have to have a treat once in awhile

Mustard only adds five calories as an FYI.