Great Stirrup Cay Cancelled Again!!

Infiniti820

Ours was missed in Jan 2012. Not sure why but seems NCL has more trouble with their private island than other cruise lines. At least what I read on the boards.

Not sure about Disney's or RCCL's islands nearby, but HAL and Carnival have the same problems stopping at Half Moon Cay...

DW and I have been lucky to have made it to HMC, 4 out of 5 tries. (sadly the one time we brought my in-laws, was the one time we missed due to high winds)

Bill

I've been on four cruises that called at GSC. and all of them stopped there. Everything was uneventful on the first two cruises. However, on the third cruise, after I got into the tender, the tender just sat there in the ocean for an hour and a half next to the ship, going up and down and up and down and up and down. I knew that there was a good reason that the tender did not set sail, but still, it wasn't a whole lot of fun going up and down for an hour and a half before we finally sailed to GSC. The fourth time I didn't even bother to get off the ship. I'm going on a cruise in March that will call at GSC, and I'd just as soon stay on the ship, but I'll be travelling with a friend who has never been to GSC. Maybe we'll just go over for lunch, and I hope that we won't spend an hour and a half going up and down and up and down, but there's no way of knowing before we get into the tender.

Been to GSC a while ago. I was not impressed with it compared to the other cruise lines private islands. Since then NCL has done a major improvement project so I will get off the ship if we are able to tender this December to check out and hopefully enjoy the improvements.

Not sure about Disney's or RCCL's islands nearby, but HAL and Carnival have the same problems stopping at Half Moon Cay...

DW and I have been lucky to have made it to HMC, 4 out of 5 tries. (sadly the one time we brought my in-laws, was the one time we missed due to high winds)

Bill

I am 0 of 3 for calling at RCCLs Coco Cay. At Labadee have made it every time. I think 8. 6 tendering. The last 2 times since the dock. Half Moon Cay 2 out of 2. Princess Cay, 2 out of 4.

Edited by Charles4515

Bill

DCL rarely misses their stop at Castaway Cay.