Internet packages

Dame Delilah

I've search but most posts deal with elite perks. We have done only one Celebrity cruise so we have no "status". We will be on a Transatlantic cruise so we will want to buy an internet package.

I cannot seem to find the page on the website where we can pre-buy internet packages.

Can someone help or point us in the right direction please?

I've search but most posts deal with elite perks. We have done only one Celebrity cruise so we have no "status". We will be on a Transatlantic cruise so we will want to buy an internet package.

I cannot seem to find the page on the website where we can pre-buy internet packages.

I was not aware that you could pre purchase.

I would make sure you register for the Captains Club if you are not already and then wait til you are onboard. Capt club member - Classic (1-5 points) will get you 10% more minutes on any package you buy.

If you have level status on RCI that may even get you a higher status on X.:D

Don't know if you can pre-purchase on Celebrity?? I was hoping we could. On Princess we each got 250 minutes free so we never worried about it.

I have frequently bought pre-packages on other lines. For our upcoming cruise I've already bought minutes on Cunard and Costa. Wanted to buy some for Celebrity internet.

I just like to pre-pay as much as possible and avoid that BIG bill at the end!

Don't know if you can pre-purchase on Celebrity?? I was hoping we could. On Princess we each got 250 minutes free so we never worried about it.

I have frequently bought pre-packages on other lines. For our upcoming cruise I've already bought minutes on Cunard and Costa. Wanted to buy some for Celebrity internet.

Fair enough, I just do not know if it is possible.

Here is a link but I couldn't find anything there either. http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard/singleColLanding.do?pagename=onboard_internet_access_onboard

Hi Dame Delilah,

Celebrity does not sell internet packages Pre-Cruise. They offer various packages, which can be purchased onboard.

Even with packages, the speed at which the wifi runs makes it very very expensive option, basically we paid for package $99 but it took forever for anything to load, so it went super fast, much better to find an internet cafe in port - we did not do this as we had tours and better stuff to do, as would most guests! Its frustrating, but what a good earner for the ship! Example of pricing -

$24.95 for 49 minutes, $49.95 for 90 minutes,

$99.95 fror 208 minutes.

$199.95 for 555 minutes.

Even with packages, the speed at which the wifi runs makes it very very expensive option, basically we paid for package $99 but it took forever for anything to load, so it went super fast, much better to find an internet cafe in port - we did not do this as we had tours and better stuff to do, as would most guests! Its frustrating, but what a good earner for the ship! Example of pricing -

$24.95 for 49 minutes, $49.95 for 90 minutes,

$99.95 fror 208 minutes.

$199.95 for 555 minutes.

If you bring your own laptop, you can download your emails, get offline, write your responses, then get back online to send. This should cost 2-3 minutes only. If you use their computers you are online from the moment you sign in so that takes up minutes must faster.

I bring my own laptop.

Suz

You could prepay yourself some OBC and then use that for the Internet... Effectively lowering your final bill as you wanted.

If you bring your own laptop, you can download your emails, get offline, write your responses, then get back online to send. This should cost 2-3 minutes only. If you use their computers you are online from the moment you sign in so that takes up minutes must faster.

I bring my own laptop.

Suz

Good advice Suz,

Sorry off topic, glad to see you on the threads again. cheers mic:D

Does anyone know why they don't sell the packages in advance? It would be just one less thing that a passenger would have to take care of on embarkation day and would reduce the work load for the ship's crew on a hectic day. Seems illogical.

Does anyone know why they don't sell the packages in advance? It would be just one less thing that a passenger would have to take care of on embarkation day and would reduce the work load for the ship's crew on a hectic day. Seems illogical.

I do not know about most people but we normally sign up for the internet package around half way through a cruise.:D

I bring my own laptop.

Suz

We plan on that, as well, and pre-write everything, then send after signing on. I know it is super-slow, but I thought I read somewhere that the wifi in the staterooms is hit or miss. Is that true? And pre-paying would be great. Would love to have that all settled before getting onboard. But, alas, it is not to be.

Thanks for any info.

I really don't think there is any need to buy these in advance nor would there be any benefit. The process is simple and quick. Whenever you log onto the internet for the first time the first screen you get to after scanning your card, or entering your logon ID, displays a page where you have to select either the $0.75/per minute rate or to buy a package. If you do not buy a package then I think you'll see this screen every time you start. Buying a package takes just a few extra seconds and does not take any involvement of any crew member.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/planAndBook/beforeYouGo/tabLanding.do?pagename=before_you_go_gateway&tab=before_you_go_during_cruise

Internet access is available in the Internet Café 24 hours a day until debarkation is completed. Internet minutes are available at 6 different rates:

$0.75 cents a minute with no package.

In and Out Package - $24.95 for 38 minutes

In Touch Package - $49.95 for 90 minutes

Informed Package - $99.95 for 208 minutes

Interact Package - $199.95 for 555 minutes

Involved Package - $399.95 for 1666 minutes

Please note that internet rates are subject to change without prior notice.

Edited by Lsimon

... I thought I read somewhere that the wifi in the staterooms is hit or miss. Is that true?...

Yes. If the wi-fi in your cabin isn't a good connection then you'll do better in the hallway by the mid ship elevators or in any lounge or the buffet.

I really don't think there is any need to buy these in advance nor would there be any benefit. The process is simple and quick. Whenever you log onto the internet for the first time the first screen you get to after scanning your card, or entering your logon ID, displays a page where you have to select either the $0.75/per minute rate or to buy a package. If you do not buy a package then I think you'll see this screen every time you start. Buying a package takes just a few extra seconds and does not take any involvement of any crew member.

Ah, I'm used to having to make an offline purchase to acquire access. Celebrity's process makes a great deal more sense. Thanks!

Thanks everyone for your replies! Looks like Celebrity doesn't sell internet packages in advance. That's fine, we can buy once we've boarded.

On several cruise lines we pre-buy (just to pay in advance and not have a huge bill at the end). We take our own tablets and just sign on to pick up email -- then sign off to respond. We are well aware of how S--L--O--W it is!

Again, thanks for your replies.

Thanks everyone for your replies! Looks like Celebrity doesn't sell internet packages in advance. That's fine, we can buy once we've boarded.

On several cruise lines we pre-buy (just to pay in advance and not have a huge bill at the end). We take our own tablets and just sign on to pick up email -- then sign off to respond. We are well aware of how S--L--O--W it is!

Again, thanks for your replies.

Enjoy your cruise.:D

...On several cruise lines we pre-buy (just to pay in advance and not have a huge bill at the end). We take our own tablets and just sign on to pick up email -- then sign off to respond. We are well aware of how S--L--O--W it is! ...

As I said above, buying the packages is just a short click on a screen as part of the sign on process. Note that on Celebrity you need to make a short stop at one of the computers in the internet cafe on board to set up an account before you can use your laptop, tablet or phone. All this involves is scanning your sea pass and then setting up a user name and password that you'll later use to log onto the system on your wifi device.

Edited by Lsimon

I've never seen a prepurchase for internet on Celebrity. However, you definitely should sign up for Captain's Club, even with one cruise. You will get some discount coupons in your cabin, which will include savings for internet packages. Also, there is usually a "sale" on the first night which will save you considerably.

Yes. If the wi-fi in your cabin isn't a good connection then you'll do better in the hallway by the mid ship elevators or in any lounge or the buffet.

Thanks for the info. I have a 17 inch screen laptop that is a bugger to cart around. Hopefully, we'll get lucky in our cabin. But, if I must LUG, I shalst LUG!

Gotta report on our cruise! Our first 14 day cruise. Eclipse, Feb 22.

Can't wait.