Anyone done a Seadrean Cruise

Beachdude

I will also check on the Seadream forum, but there are so few members there, I wanted to ask here to a broader group of people.

Sally and I are wanting to do a Mediterranean Cruise, but something a little different than a standard cruise ship. Everything I'm reading so far seems to suggest the Seadream is a little different experience.

How is a Seadream cruise different than a Princess Cruise? I assume better food, more relaxed pace with less passengers. How is the difference in cost? I'm sure it is more, but double, triple of a Princess Med cruise?

Thanks for any information.

Burt

It's a totally different experience because the ship is 100 people versus a much larger ship and the focus is on service, service, service and cuisine. It is like dining at a five star restaurant each evening. The crew will know your name very quickly.

Remember though there is very little to do on the ship and your evening on board the ship will revolve around being with other passengers and enjoying dinner and conversation.

I think that is very nice but is not for all people.

If you want to sail on a luxury line but want a ship with a little more to do you certainly have other options including Crystal, Seabourn, Silversea and Regent.

But sailing on a 100 passenger ship is certainly very unique.

Keith

Remember though there is very little to do on the ship and your evening on board the ship will revolve around being with other passengers and enjoying dinner and conversation.

This our preference even on big ships.

What would you say is the average age of the passengers?

How are the rooms? I understand there are no balconies, but it sounds like you don't really need one for a relaxed vacation.

Burt

Burt, there are three size rooms; standard suites at 195 square feet and the largest suite are around 446 square feet

The average age will vary based on itinerary and mainly due to time of year. You will see a range of ages particularly in the Med with many in 50's and 60's but some much younger than that and some older than that.

On smaller ships unless you want the fresh air a balcony to me is not a requirement because you are outside from your room in no time.

Keith