Crusing in November

tkabrk

I've never cruised the Carribbean in the fall/winter months and having trouble deciding what to pack. Looks like temps will be in the mid 80s so I'm guessing summer clothes and some lightweight fall clothes should work? Would appreciate hearing from anyone who has cruised in the fall months.

Thanks.

We always cruise fall and winter. Days should be sunny and warm. Nights can be cool, because of the wind if you are going to be outside. I always pack exactly as you describe. If the temps are below expected, I just stay inside! Jeans and a sweater are usually sufficient for me. Shorts and tshirts during the day if it is sunny.

I've never cruised the Carribbean in the fall/winter months and having trouble deciding what to pack. Looks like temps will be in the mid 80s so I'm guessing summer clothes and some lightweight fall clothes should work? Would appreciate hearing from anyone who has cruised in the fall months.

Thanks.

You have nailed it..............have a great cruise:)

I've been on a few fall cruises. The temps are probably high 70s-mid 80s. But the wind at night can be enough to make you want a jacket, just to break the wind. I always bring a nice cardi sweater to throw on for dinner (dining rooms can be chilly) or for the lounges. So, you might as well bring something. I usually just pic a black sweater of some kind. That way I can wear it with pretty much anything. Also, they sell those shawls in the stores on the ships that will cover up your shoulders for about $10 in all kinds of colors, if that will work for you.

I'm going through the exact same dilemma; we cruise in 18 days. I've cruised in mid-November before and the weather at that time was great. I just cruised at end of April/early May and the weather was so chilly. I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around wearing jeans and a sweater on a cruise but I better bring them so I'm not miserable.

I pack summer clothes, my black sweater (more for the dining room and other venues). I have always worn dresses or capris and light tops in the evening without issue - and I tend to be cold when others are comfortable.

Sent from my GT-S5830D using Forums mobile app

Edited by soccersharon

I went Thanksgiving 2005 and had to dress warm for embarkation and debarkation but never at any of the ports. Probably could have used a windbreaker for the rainy day in Grand Cayman. It will still be warm in the Caribbean, not blazing hot like the summer months.

Thanks.

I went Thanksgiving 2005 and had to dress warm for embarkation and debarkation but never at any of the ports. Probably could have used a windbreaker for the rainy day in Grand Cayman. It will still be warm in the Caribbean, not blazing hot like the summer months.

I definitely agree! Even if its unseasonably warm at home, on the deck at 4:30-5pm it's COLD & WINDY! Gloves and a hat wouldn't be a bad idea!

DH and I have cruised the Caribbean since 1994 from mostly October-March and it's hot no matter when you go. In all of our 30 cruises, there was one 7-day W. Caribbean NCL cruise out of Charleston,SC the week of Christmas that I will admit was cool for about half the week. But we certainly never needed gloves or a hat. Really? On one HAL cruise in January, the water was very cold on Half Moon Cay, but the air was hot. Go figure. So, 2 out of 30 are pretty bad odds for Caribbean weather going to be cold enough for gloves and a hat.

DH and I have cruised the Caribbean since 1994 from mostly October-March and it's hot no matter when you go. In all of our 30 cruises, there was one 7-day W. Caribbean NCL cruise out of Charleston,SC the week of Christmas that I will admit was cool for about half the week. But we certainly never needed gloves or a hat. Really? On one HAL cruise in January, the water was very cold on Half Moon Cay, but the air was hot. Go figure. So, 2 out of 30 are pretty bad odds for Caribbean weather going to be cold enough for gloves and a hat.

That’s what I figured...thanks for reassurance!!!

At home we see 84-90 about 6 times a summer, this is about as hot as I can handle most days. Cruising Dec.-March is perfect in the Carrib. It's the only time we cruise, always shorts, have not even brought long pants at all on our last 2 cruises. By the time our cruise months hit we have had snow for.month or two or three and have the same afterwards. We cruise to escape cold and snow, could not fathom cruising/leaving home when the ground is bare? Not sure if I'd ever cruise if I lived in Texas or Florida?

For the past several years I've always cruised in November, the week before Thanksgiving. I've always had great weather. Living in Florida, the weather to me has always been perfect. Last year though we did have a cold front come in before the cruise which yielded a very cool to me cruise away from port. Once away from Florida all was well. All Caribbean ports were wonderful and normal summer weather with a little less humidity.

Am cruising again this November in a little over a week and looking forward to super cruise weather.

Happy Cruising!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - Please excuse any errors.

Thanks.

See you onboard. :D It will only feel a little cool on the open decks late at night. Bring your bath robe from the cabin to watch the night time movies.:)

Honestly I don't think so. I was leaving out of Galveston and tried to stand at the front of the ship with my sail a way drink and my fingers were frozen. I had to go elsewhere because it was very windy and cold that year.

I will add, very nice the first night on the ship. It was so chilly we were the only ones in a hot tub on deck.

Gloves and hat, you have got to be kidding.