Carnival Dream Questions

Singer4Him

I'm looking at booking another cruise and considering the Dream this time. I've seen that it's had the Fun Ship 2.0 upgrades but there are a few things that I don't see. The major thing is Guy's Burger Joint? Please tell me that I'm merely overlooking this?

Also, does it have the ropes course like it's sister ships, Magic and Breeze?

Any other pertinent info is appreciated, as well!

I'm looking at booking another cruise and considering the Dream this time. I've seen that it's had the Fun Ship 2.0 upgrades but there are a few things that I don't see. The major thing is Guy's Burger Joint? Please tell me that I'm merely overlooking this?

Also, does it have the ropes course like it's sister ships, Magic and Breeze?

Any other pertinent info is appreciated, as well!

Sorry.

No Guy's

No Ropes Course

But it does have the Cloud 9 spa and the Rum and Tequila bar.

We don't drink so the bars on the Lido deck are of no interest to us. We docked next to the Magic in Cozumel on our last cruise and thought the ropes course looked like a lot of fun. Since the Dream was repositioning to NOLA next year, I thought it would be a fun cruise and with her being in the same class as the Magic, I thought it would have the full-blown 2.0 upgrades. Bummer!

I understand the Dream does have a special "grill" on sea days? I think I read? I just booked this ship for January. I'm sure we'll have a great time. :)

I remember one.

People say Dream didn't get all the 2.0 upgrades, but Dream has it's own identity and other things that people choose this ship for that other ships don't have. It's not all about hamburgers and ropes that occupy such a short portion of a cruise. If that's important, then book a ship that has them.

I wouldn't worry too much about the lack of the rope course, and GUYS. (Frankly, I think the burgers are WAY too dry anyway. ) I've always had GREAT cruises aboard "Dream", and have her booked again for Feb., 2014. Can't wait to get aboard again, and I KNOW that you're going to have a wonderful cruise aboard "Dream" as well. (Besides, it'll give you a reason to book again after you return, so you can see if I'm right about the burgers, or not!) :D

"SKY"

You will enjoy the Dream. Great ship. The pizza was fantastic. Definitely hit the Steakhouse one night as well.

Hopefully, Jaime will still be the CD. She is fantastic, especially with kids.

Our service and food were terrific. Much better than I expected from Carnival.

We don't drink so the bars on the Lido deck are of no interest to us. We docked next to the Magic in Cozumel on our last cruise and thought the ropes course looked like a lot of fun. Since the Dream was repositioning to NOLA next year, I thought it would be a fun cruise and with her being in the same class as the Magic, I thought it would have the full-blown 2.0 upgrades. Bummer!

The Ropes course looks awesome.. but we were on the Magic 10/6-10/13 and it was almost ALWAYS closed due to wind...so keep that in mind when making your decision...we never got to try it

You will enjoy the Dream. Great ship. The pizza was fantastic. Definitely hit the Steakhouse one night as well.

Hopefully, Jaime will still be the CD. She is fantastic, especially with kids.

Our service and food were terrific. Much better than I expected from Carnival.

Got off the Dream on 11/2. Jaime wasn't the CD. Some guy was.

And make sure u go towards the back of the buffet area near the desserts, and go upstairs. They have a pasta bar up there. The first few days no one knows about it, and it's awesome!!!! Made to order pasta!!! Bet delicious and a few of the actual hot foods u can get on the ship!

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Forums mobile app

Our family went on the Breeze this past May and our next cruise in May of 2014 will be on the Dream. That will be our 2nd cruise on the Dream. We all liked the Dream the best. The shows are much better on the Dream than the Breeze. Also, we like the bright lights on the Dream over the new look they have on the Breeze. We never went on the rope course. Hope you enjoy your cruise!

• 2 months later...