Regatta obstructed view cabins

Ruthie2

They are a bit smaller than the other outside cabins ..I would take the ones forward where the small boat hangs at least you will get some daylight in 6033 or 6030

Some of the tenders block the other windows completely

you may have crew outside the window when you least expect them ;)

Edited by LHT28

You will be okay with 6046 or 6049 I have been in 6046 and really liked it . My friend Cintipam swears by 6033 & I think 6030 would be the same . It really depends if you prefer Port to Starboard. I wouldn't go for 6037 as it is fully obstructed. We have been in 6045 & I disliked it & won't go obstructed view again. I must admit that we had just come off a verandah on the Marina which has really spoilt us. The oceanview cabins on the R ships have a huge mirror facing the bed which is why we went obstructed view. Deck 6 however is a very nice deck and is central, one deck down to the diningroom and one up to the laundry! Hope that helps

Those obstructed view cabins on the R ships are small (no sofa), and because of the shape of the room there really isn't anyplace to sit with a view of the television except on the bed, which can cause a problem because the foot of the bed is also the only place to get dressed, unless you are a contortionist who can do it in the long, narrow John.

We sailed in an Obstructed View before they had an in cabin fridge, but now, with the fridge in that alcove, the displaced desk chair has no real place in the room.

Don't get me wrong, those cabins are perfectly serviceable for a couple, but they are small enough that you will have to start the cruise on VERY good terms. :rolleyes:

Edited by JimandStan

As triplestar points out above, 6033 is a great (albeit small) cabin and good value because the only obstruction is the davit in the middle of the window from which the small zodiac boat hangs, and the zodiac hangs below the window level, so you get all the light and views. We have been in that cabin twice.

Also, it's a great location by the forward stairs and convenient mid-ships for queasy sailors like me. As Jim points out, the only place to lounge in these cabins are the beds, so great if you only use your cabin to sleep, shower and dress. Also it forces you to put away your things because there is no sofa on which to throw the stuff you accumulate as you travel!:D

Edited by CintiPam