Unwanted upgrade and cancelation of preferred cabin

blistered

I had posted earlier about our cabin being changed, even though I had requested "do not upgrade" and still have the email from the TA we used confirming it, right after it was booked 5 months ago. I decided to write Princess yesterday and ask them how it happened.

They said it was a complimentary upgrade, in their opinion. The reservation is now showing "do not upgrade", however they don't if it did before the room change. They also have a note of where they notified the TA about the change, in which the TA said "they might have just missed it". Did not book next cruise through that TA.

The one thing Princess did say in their response was:

The system is set to bypass bookings which are noted as no upgrade but this booking was complimentary upgraded on Oct 4 and a notification sent to your Travel Agent.

My take away on this experience is to directly contact Princess to be sure it's marked that way and not rely on a TA.

David & Ellen

As this is important to many of us it would be great if they would put it on the Cruise Personalizer where it would show whether or not you would accept an upgrade and the ability to change it if YOU wanted too. Then a person could take a screen shot to keep for their records. I always take a screen shot of the personalizer that to take with me so there is no question of what I contracted for.

As this is important to many of us it would be great if they would put it on the Cruise Personalizer where it would show whether or not you would accept an upgrade and the ability to change it if YOU wanted too. Then a person could take a screen shot to keep for their records. I always take a screen shot of the personalizer that to take with me so there is no question of what I contracted for.

The trouble with changable items is that a screen shot is no proof that the items were not changed after the screen shot was taken.

How far off is the sailing for you folks that have experienced this? We're 120 days away, and I check daily, but I'm feeling like i'm being a bit too paranoid right now.. :D

We are sailing in July. I spoke to my TA and somehow Princess switched one of our two cabins in September when we called up for a price drop. My TA was able to switch it back since, luckily, our original cabin was still available. It really pays to check on your cabin.

How far off is the sailing for you folks that have experienced this? We're 120 days away, and I check daily, but I'm feeling like i'm being a bit too paranoid right now.. :D

Our is in February 2014 and it was changed this past 10/4. I thought it was a little early for upgrading rooms when I seen it, I actually thought Princess moved us for some reason to give someone else the room.

I check the mini-suite on one side, and the balcony room on the other side, and both were available, so that did not make sense.

Really concluded that they just did this so-called upgrade for us, and by the time I seen it, someone else just happened to book the cruise & picked the room we had.

David & Ellen

We are sailing in July. I spoke to my TA and somehow Princess switched one of our two cabins in September when we called up for a price drop. My TA was able to switch it back since, luckily, our original cabin was still available. It really pays to check on your cabin.

Interestingly enough, that's the exact same time it happened to us too. When I had the TA contact Princess for the price drop at the end of September, we were heading out on an Alaskan cruise. When we returned and it was all settled with the price drop & we got the updated invoice a few days later along with the confirmation, is when I signed on and see the room change.

David & Ellen