Embarkation Time Royal Princess

whynotsooner

Hello all,

My family is sailing on the December 15th sailing of the Royal Princess. Are past cruises we have taken the cruise line shuttle bus and arrived at 12:30 to 1. For this cruise we would like to be some of the first onboard so I was wondering what would be a could time to arrive (we don't mind having a wait before we can board). If this helps we are staying at the Hyatt Place 17th Street Convention Centre so we are not far from Port Everglades.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello all,

My family is sailing on the December 15th sailing of the Royal Princess. Are past cruises we have taken the cruise line shuttle bus and arrived at 12:30 to 1. For this cruise we would like to be some of the first onboard so I was wondering what would be a could time to arrive (we don't mind having a wait before we can board). If this helps we are staying at the Hyatt Place 17th Street Convention Centre so we are not far from Port Everglades.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get to the port by 11:00 and you will be on board by noon. Your hotel is very close to the pier, so take a taxi as early as possible. 10:30 would even be better.

P.S. You are so close that you could even walk if so desired.

Edited by Pia1913

• 3 months later...
We are cruising on the Royal Princess Mar 16 sailing. Some of my family will be traveling with. Does Royal Princess board according to decks or first come first on board?

First come; numbers given. Unless you have priority boarding.

A couple of the Royal reviews on here have mentioned that because of the size of the ship that they had been advised of staggered boarding. One review indicated that the passenger had received an e mail from Princess advising them that their boarding time would be at 1400 and not to arrive at the port until 30 minutes prior to that. I haven't cruised the Royal so I can't comment from personal experience. If normal boarding rules apply then Suite, Elite and Platinum will be offerd priority boarding. On a ship the size of the Royal that could easily be over 1000 ahaed of you. I wouldn't count on being amongst the first on board unless you do have priority status.

A couple of the Royal reviews on here have mentioned that because of the size of the ship that they had been advised of staggered boarding. One review indicated that the passenger had received an e mail from Princess advising them that their boarding time would be at 1400 and not to arrive at the port until 30 minutes prior to that. I haven't cruised the Royal so I can't comment from personal experience. If normal boarding rules apply then Suite, Elite and Platinum will be offerd priority boarding. On a ship the size of the Royal that could easily be over 1000 ahaed of you. I wouldn't count on being amongst the first on board unless you do have priority status.

Staggered boarding has not been implemented, though I suppose some people do adhere to those emails.

Just got off the royal in FLL approx two weeks ago. Got the letter about staggered boarding but wasn't implemented. Doors didn't open until 12, huge lines outside. There were so many people trying to board and not enough staff that they limited priority check in to suites and elites. Platinum could join the priority security line but once inside, were not given priority check in. Worst embarkation I've ever seen. Was told by suite friends it took them about 40 minutes to board. It took me (non priority) a little over ninety minutes. And they were very strict on who got priority..traveling with another elite couple wasn't enough (and before I get flamed we didn't ask, but we saw plenty of people who did we're told no due to crowds).