Free wine with Specialty restaurant on first night?

skyfire53

Thank you....not that its all that great of a bottle of wine, but its nice to have it with dinner :)

The brand was different from the Tisdale that was the previous house wine. We received Santa Catalina from Chile that I thought was very drinkable - both the red and the white. I enjoyed them!

The brand was different from the Tisdale that was the previous house wine. We received Santa Catalina from Chile that I thought was very drinkable - both the red and the white. I enjoyed them!

Awesome! Only a month away!!! cant wait :D

Has anyone that has cruised recently gotten a free bottle of wine if they booked a specialty restaurant on the first night like they used to do? :confused:

Nope, we never have and we usually do book a specialty dining room the first night. I don't think we are going to on our next cruse. it seems the line has changed the menu plan and now, Lobster night is the first night. Not that the Lobster is all that great, but I would like to enjoy what there is.

you only get it if you book the 3 dinner package online and then when you get onboard make your first reservation for embarkation evening

the wine is house wine

According to the recent Breakaway review "Cruising with Zay," the Freestyle Daily features 1st night offer of complimentary bottle of wine at specialty restaurant first night....not part of a package.

We also have friends who sailed that ship in Sept. and it was offered then, too.

Don't know if it's ship-specific or fleetwide but maybe someone else can confirm.

We too booked the three resturant deal back in June. We had Santa Catalina red from Chile as the complimentary wine. I liked it.

Every now and again NCL will offer complimentary wine bottles if you make specialty resturant reservations for before 6:00 pm. We took advantage of that a couple years ago on the Dawn.

Jon

Yes, when I was on the Breakaway, everyone got their bottle of wine except little old me because I was solo~~so the waiter told me if I see you around I will buy you a glass~~ha, ha~~that never happened!:)

Even though you were solo - can't they cork it for you and serve it another time? Thought I read that about wine:confused:

Seems to me that this "free wine" first night thing changes from ship to ship, week to week. No set thing. We are leaving on Sunday on the Breakaway and booked Le Bistro for the first night. No 3 package. If the wine bottle appears its a bonus, but if not, it will not spoil our vacation. I am not a wine snob, so anything drinkable wine will do:D on the other hand my hubby is.

Edited by ETski

I booked the three dinner package also. But I'll ask the staff if you get a bottle if you book a specialty on the first night. In my mind, the package of 3 specialty dinners is a great deal. Especially when you price them out individually.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

How do you book the 3 dinner package?

Does anyone know if they do this on the Dawn as well?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Sailing 3/23/14 on the Norwegian Dawn

You will be able to do this when your cruise gets a little closer, 45 days I believe it is. Just log into MYNCL and at the bottom of the page the option to choose dining will be highlighted. When you click on it (left side of page) you'll see the choices. The special, if still available when you sail will say:

"Exclusive Offer: Book Cagney’s, La Cucina & Le Bistro for $57.*

Steak is the standard at our American-style steakhouse. Sip your fa...Steak is the standard at our American-style steakhouse. Sip your favorite cocktail as you select from choice cuts of Black Angus perfectly prepared. And don’t forget to order our famous truffle fries.

Note: Bundle Cagney's Steakhouse, Le Bistro and La Cucina for an exclusive online cover charge.* Plus, when you purchase the bundle and make one of the reservations on embarkation night, you will receive a free bottle of house wine.

Enjoy,

I booked the three dinner package also. But I'll ask the staff if you get a bottle if you book a specialty on the first night. In my mind, the package of 3 specialty dinners is a great deal. Especially when you price them out individually.

It is a good deal, we really enjoyed it on the Breakway. We didn't book a specialty the first night, we booked the Cirque show and because it was the first night, we received 10% off and saved $50. I figured that was worth more than a bottle of wine.

We then spread out our specialty dining to the other days of the week and worked around the MDR menu. The Signature Trio restaurants on the Breakaway were all excellent and well worth the $57 total for all three of them.

Yes, start looking the beginning if February. It will be just as said login to myncl and click on your reservation and then explore and plan. Then you can add excursions and specialty restraint packages it will tell you if the $57 package is available in the specialty restraunt description.

We too booked the three resturant deal back in June. We had Santa Catalina red from Chile as the complimentary wine. I liked it.

Every now and again NCL will offer complimentary wine bottles if you make specialty resturant reservations for before 6:00 pm. We took advantage of that a couple years ago on the Dawn.

Jon

The Santa Carolina is quite a bit better than the Tisdale wine.