Specialty Dinners

dj_crusin

I took a lot of food pictures on our recent 15 day Atalntic Coast Cruise on the Eurodam. Here are the specialty dinners at the Pinnacle Grill along with Tamarind.

De Librije

Dan

Thank you...very, very nice. I had the same thing in Tamarind! What is De Librije?

Thank you...very, very nice. I had the same thing in Tamarind! What is De Librije?

It's a specialty restaurant re-creation in the Pinnacle Grill. It is named after a restaurant in Holland owned by Jonnie Boer, one of Holland's Culinary Council members.

Librije is a new specialty dinner that was first offered on the MS Rotterdam and is now on the Eurodam. Recipes/plating. from famous Nomo Restaurant in Netherlands. Not sure if it's Fleet Wide but really enjoyed it.

OP great pics especially of our favorite Pinnacle Waiter. Thanks for sharing. If you were on the Oct 12 cruise we attended all specialty dinners except LeCirque.

Librije is a new specialty dinner that was first offered on the MS Rotterdam and is now on the Eurodam. Recipes/plating. from famous Nomo Restaurant in Netherlands. Not sure if it's Fleet Wide but really enjoyed it.

OP great pics especially of our favorite Pinnacle Waiter. Thanks for sharing. If you were on the Oct 12 cruise we attended all specialty dinners except LeCirque.

We were on the Eurodam's Oct 12 sailing and it seemed like all we did was eat and go to movies.

It is our understanding that the Sommelier's Dinner is only offered on longer cruises, so glad we got to experience it!

Interesting. I hadn't heard of it. Where is it held? Pinnacle?

... What is De Librije?

Sheila,

Here is the menu as served on Eurodam a couple of months ago:

Taste of De Librije, featuring the cuisine of Jonnie Boer.

North Sea Scallop – black garlic pearls and celeriac juice

------------------

Maine lobster with green bean coulis – butternut squash quinoa salad

Angel Noir, Lady Librije White, Burgundy Chardonnay, France

Oysters on the Beach – foie gras, ollorosso sherry and ginger

Angel Negro, Lady Librije White, Verdejo Fermentado

Goat Cheese with Hazelnut – hazelnut puree and chips, cucumber juice

Angel Negro, Lady Librije White, Sauvignon Blanc, Spain

-------------------

Lobster Bisque Foam – Alaskan King Crab, brioche croutons and tarragon

Angel Noir, Lady Librije White, Burgundy Chardonnay, France

Chilled Clear Tomato Gazpacho – black olive, celeriac and sweet and sour beetroots

Angel Noir, Lady Librije Red, Reserva Romanico

-------------------

Seared North Sea Cod with Speck Ham – coconut foam and lemon grass

Duo of Lamb Loin and Crusted Lamb Neck – lentil sprouts, watercress and carrot coulis

Angel Negro, Lady Librije Red, Tempranillo, Spain

North Sea Turbot with Iberico Ham – potato and morels

Broiled Beef Tenderloin – parsnip puree, roasted leek and “hache”

Angel Noir, Lady LibrijeRed, Burgundy Pinot Noir, France

-------------------

Deconstructed Apple Pie – vanilla gelato and Chantilly-style cream

Rice Chocolate Stones – tuille and red curry marinated strawberries

Assortment of Sorbets

Dave

Wonderful photos! They made me hungry, now I'll just have to have my cottage cheese salad for lunch... Tamarind is the place I'm going to miss the most on my next 2 cruises on Volendam and Maasdam. Have to make up for it by going to the Pinnacle more often and trying out some different dishes - I usually end up ordering the same things every time - crab cakes, Caesar salad, Steak Diane, and a souffle or the baked Alaska.

Is the De Librije dinner on the Eurodam offered every night or is it just offered once in a while? Can you sign up for it before the cruise or only once onboard? What is the cost approx.?

We were on a 15 day cruise and it was held once. We booked prior on-line and it was around $80.00 dollars for both of us.

Not sure whether this will be offered on shorter 7 day cruises. On our Eurodam cruise we were told that to date it was only being offered on the Rotterdam and Eurodam.

Couldn't help wonder if this is a test and whether it would be a specialty restaurant on the new Pinnacle Class ship.

We were on a 15 day cruise and it was held once. We booked prior on-line and it was around $80.00 dollars for both of us.

Not sure whether this will be offered on shorter 7 day cruises. On our Eurodam cruise we were told that to date it was only being offered on the Rotterdam and Eurodam.

Couldn't help wonder if this is a test and whether it would be a specialty restaurant on the new Pinnacle Class ship.

It must be popular. Just checked for our February Eurodam cruise and price has increased to $69 per person.

Thanks for the great pics. Now we can really salivate for 23 days. We made all the specialty restaurant diner reservation and cant wait. Could you please tell me if at the Taste of De Librije the 2 oz pours of wine were enough or is it better to buy the extra pour. Thanks again

Thanks for the great pics. Now we can really salivate for 23 days. We made all the specialty restaurant diner reservation and cant wait. Could you please tell me if at the Taste of De Librije the 2 oz pours of wine were enough or is it better to buy the extra pour. Thanks again

I suppose it would depend on whether you want to just taste the wine, but we opted for the full pours and thought it was a good choice. You can change your option on the ship.

LeCirque is offered on 7 day cruises on other ships.

Are you getting LeCirque and DeLibrije confused as far as the cost?

Glad everyone liked the pictures

Dan