Upgrade Call

GAMOM4

Well I just received my first upgrade call ever....the woman wanted to upgrade my cabin on the Fascination that leaves on the 16th to a grand suite she said...she went on to talk about how much bigger it was and how it had a bath time and a balcony..and this and this....then she said and it normally is over $1200 more ... but I will give it to you today for $224.00 more per person......the cruise is only costing me $198 a person anyway......I told her no thank you that this cruise was booked before my husband passed away in September....she said I would get priority boarding..I told her this was my platinum cruise and I would get that anyway....she then said well everyone wants a bigger nicer cabin - I told her this was my 5 time on the Fascination and that I chose the cabin that I wanted and that I had started to cancel the cruise - but decided to take a friend with me. I don't think she was very happy with me by the tone of her voice.

Is somthing wrong with the Carnival website today? I wanted to check and see if that cabin really cost $1200 more.......but I can't get past the home page on Carnival.com.

I wouldn't have taken the upgrade either. You can try deleting your browser history and deleting your cookies to see if that helps you. They completely changed the website. Mine kept trying to load the old one until I did those things. The new one then loaded just fine.

Is somthing wrong with the Carnival website today? I wanted to check and see if that cabin really cost $1200 more.......but I can't get past the home page on Carnival.com.

Website has been fine for me today. A Grand Suite for your cruise is $1775 using the Past Guest promotion.

Got my first upsell call just before I cruised Fantasy in September.

Three of us gals in an inside (yes, we wanted a cheap getaway cruise - I'd done the cruise solo in May and have my biggie coming up).

Tried to get us to upgrade to one of the "obstructed view Jr suites" which I'm sure most people realize has a tiny balcony overlooking lifeboats and the balcony can be seen from outside on the decks.

Only $150 more per person! Priority boarding!! Blah blah blah.

I'm Platinum. The 3 of us couldn't even sit out on that balcony. That $150 will cover my wine package next week.

Thanks but no thanks!

Now watch. I'll get a great upsell call next week but since I'm already paying a considerable sum to fly to San Juan, spend 2 pre-cruise nights, and spend 1 post-cruise night in FLL AND I'm sailing solo, I won't be able to do it.

But, yeah, I've picked my cabin. Every dollar I don't waste biting on their upsell is another dollar that goes toward my (cheap as I can sail) cruise budget.

The cabin itself is the very least important item for me when I cruise.

Well I just received my first upgrade call ever....the woman wanted to upgrade my cabin on the Fascination that leaves on the 16th to a grand suite she said...she went on to talk about how much bigger it was and how it had a bath time and a balcony..and this and this....then she said and it normally is over $1200 more ... but I will give it to you today for $224.00 more per person......the cruise is only costing me $198 a person anyway......I told her no thank you that this cruise was booked before my husband passed away in September....she said I would get priority boarding..I told her this was my platinum cruise and I would get that anyway....she then said well everyone wants a bigger nicer cabin - I told her this was my 5 time on the Fascination and that I chose the cabin that I wanted and that I had started to cancel the cruise - but decided to take a friend with me. I don't think she was very happy with me by the tone of her voice.

So glad you turned down their upsell. I also hope that you have a fantastic time on this cruise that you were thinking of cancelling. I think it will probably be very good for you.

I agree that OP did the right thing too. we've been in those suites on Fantasy class ships in the past and I wouldn't have done it either at that price. Also, IMHO and based on memory (can be failing memory at times:confused:) I don't recall additional perks for having a suite like you might have on other class of ships/other cruise lines.

As always, just MHO.