Stay and Parks in Miami?

DraTz

I have done a stay and park hotel at Port Canaveral, as well as third party parking places. Do any such places exist in Miami that are reputable? I live about 5 and a half hours away from the port in miami, so I am ideally looking to get a room the night before. This will be a late January cruise if that helps any.

Alright, that's good to know that at least there are some. From your experience, how much was a cab back to the hotel to get the car? I noticed the hotel only offers one way transportation. Also, any further input from other people would be appreciated as I know you can look up such things on google and stuff, but I am looking for more experience from CC'ers.

www.parksleepfly.com and www.stay123.com are two good sources for hotels offering cruise parking deals.

As downtown and Miami Beach hotels charge their guests $25+ per day to park :eek: most of the hotels offering these deals will be out near the MIA airport. In addition to ES mentioned above check the Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon and the Springfield near the Medical center. Budget options often suggested on these boards include the La Quinta East and Comfort Suites North.

Many of these packages include a "free" shuttle to POM; all will require a $25+ cab ride to get back to your car. Good luck! :)

We used La Quinta Airport East in Jan. Got a really good deal with LMT. Shuttle to port and arranged a shuttle back before we left the hotel ($10 pp). Not the best location for sure..but the car was fine. Have reserved again for Jan....but not with a rate like we had this past Jan. Would consider another "park n cruise" location if anyone has any suggestions....

Here's another 20 or so hotels that offer it, shows locations on a map also: http://www.parkingstay.com/p/miami.html

Many offer shuttle one way to the port, you will have to taxi it back though as no hotels that I know of offer a shuttle back.

The Blue Lagoon area is the area immediately south of the airport, would be the most 'upscale' area around the airport otherwise most of the areas surrounding the airport are typical large city blue collar neighborhoods.

Edited by aria48

This past fall I used the Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon for my stay/parking and it was fine. They have a tiny parking garage so if you get there before all the indoor spots are full you can actually have your car in a garage!

This fall I got a better rate at the Hilton Garden Inn Miami Airport West for a similar package. Haven't stayed there yet but generally I think HGI is a step up from Hampton.

Yeah but doesnt say anything about shuttle to the port.. hmm

Lots of the airport area hotels are setup for airport parking and will not shuttle you to POM -- but they can arrange for a commercial shuttle service for about $10-12 per person, or you could grab a taxi for about $25+tip.

ah alright, sorry i am not familiar with the miami area

Plan on another $25+tip cab ride to get back to your car after the cruise -- none of the hotels in Miami I am familiar with offer "free" shuttles from POM back to the hotel.

Yeah but doesnt say anything about shuttle to the port.. hmm

Shuttle to port only for 4 guests at Homewood airport west is included with the Cruise Package Rate. Regular rate does not include the shuttle, so technically it isn't free. Have to factor in the cost/benefit of arranging your own shuttle vs just paying the package rate I guess.

Edited by aria48

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully I didn't miss a post about this before I ask but has anyone ever parked at the airport, gotten the free shuttle to the hotel, gotten a shuttle to the port and then returned to the airport after the cruise? Is this possible and what is a good CLEAN hotel that won't charge an arm and a leg to do this? Hopefully I didn't make that too confusing :) I figured I would get my parking through the airport and go from there as if I flew in.

Edited by sturderick

• 1 month later...

We did park sleep and fly to the Hyatt summer field suites airport. It was a nice suite like room with a living room area. Looking to see if there is anything closer/better for our upcoming cruise in March... But we will probably end up doing the same hotel this time too lol

• 1 year later...
Hopefully I didn't miss a post about this before I ask but has anyone ever parked at the airport, gotten the free shuttle to the hotel, gotten a shuttle to the port and then returned to the airport after the cruise? Is this possible and what is a good CLEAN hotel that won't charge an arm and a leg to do this? Hopefully I didn't make that too confusing :) I figured I would get my parking through the airport and go from there as if I flew in.

we have 6 people going, 4 of us driving in the day before and 2 flying in the day before, we are looking at the Homewood Suites by Hilton Miami-Airport/Blue Lagoon and for what we can get a room for that will hold all 6 of us and use the secure parking option it seems to be cheaper, the secure parking is a free shuttle for 4 of us.

Have you found any other options?