Beverage Pkg at MDR

Kate45

Just wondering how this works. We have the 123 Promo Classic Beverage Pkg. A group of six of us - some drink wine, some beer, some hard liquor. Can we order all of these at dinner in main dining room or should we take one in with us? Are the wines at dinner by the bottle or can we get a glass of wine that's in the pkg? Any info is appreciated as we leave in 1 week.

Also, is there entertainment (musicians) around the pool daily and thru-out the ship (Summit)? We've only done Princess before and thoroughly enjoyed the musicians in the plaza before dinner.

Just wondering how this works. We have the 123 Promo Classic Beverage Pkg. A group of six of us - some drink wine, some beer, some hard liquor. Can we order all of these at dinner in main dining room or should we take one in with us? Are the wines at dinner by the bottle or can we get a glass of wine that's in the pkg? Any info is appreciated as we leave in 1 week.

Also, is there entertainment (musicians) around the pool daily and thru-out the ship (Summit)? We've only done Princess before and thoroughly enjoyed the musicians in the plaza before dinner.

You can absolutely use your drink package in the dining room! For wine, the Sommelier assigned to your table will assist you. I usually just tell the Sommelier what I'm having for dinner, then have them recommend a wine by the glass that would go with my main course, and which would be within the package pricing. There will also be a bar server for the table that will take beer and mixed drink orders.

If you see a bar server flag them the heck down. My last 5 cruises with the beverage package saw hard times getting a bar waiter to take my order. Wine through the package is available by the glass, and i had much better luck keeping my wine glass filled than I had getting cocktails.

Wine by the bottle is not on the package, but you can, if you want, drink a bottle's worth on the package *HIC*

Thanks. So we should take a drink in with us. On our last cruise with Princess I took a soda in with me one nite and every nite after, there was a soda on the table waiting for me. Was this just because it was a soda and not an alcohol drink? I was hoping we could just put in a standing order for every nite!!! LOL

Thanks. So we should take a drink in with us. On our last cruise with Princess I took a soda in with me one nite and every nite after, there was a soda on the table waiting for me. Was this just because it was a soda and not an alcohol drink? I was hoping we could just put in a standing order for every nite!!! LOL

I like your standing order idea. Try it and let us know.:D

I had the drink package on the Conny earlier this year. I practically had to beg the MDR staff to not refill my wine glass. :eek:

I know, getting old and responsible sucks! ;)

We are a group of six (3 couples - all family). Hubby and I have cruised 8 times (never on Celebrity) but the others have not. After many, many years we finally got them to go on one - let them pick - and Summit it is! I'm sure we will all drink our share of the package.

Is there only one person who gets drinks for everyone in the MDR?

I would upgrade - and I know some folks will disagree.

I know it has been mentioned a billion times - but the premium package covers all wines by the glass up to $12, and you only pay the difference if you order something over $12; plus the beer selection is better also.

If you keep the classic and order anything over $8 you pay the full price - order a $10 glass of wine and you pay $10.

either way enjoy your cruise!

We are a group of six (3 couples - all family). Hubby and I have cruised 8 times (never on Celebrity) but the others have not. After many, many years we finally got them to go on one - let them pick - and Summit it is! I'm sure we will all drink our share of the package.

no each person can only order one drink at a time...no sharing.

edit - just realized what you asked - I think there is a wine steward and drink person assigned to a section of tables...

Edited by alexspepa

The bar server does service a section of tables, not the whole MDR, but it does take a while for them to a) get to you, and b) bring your mixed drinks/beer. (Same goes for the sommelier, she was running her butt off!!!). We always grab a cocktail from a bar before dinner to bring in with us, to prevent any unnecessary lapses in alcoholic ingestion ;)

As far as the soda goes, you will want to let the bar server know on the first night that you'd like them every night and you should be all set. On our first night, we ordered a couple large bottles of Evian and Perrier for the tables (our group was 12, so we had two tables), and every night after, fresh cold bottles were waiting on our tables for us. We didn't actually even ask the waiter for that, but they must get some kind of tip for everything they serve so that was an easy one for him.

The bar server does service a section of tables, not the whole MDR, but it does take a while for them to a) get to you, and b) bring your mixed drinks/beer. (Same goes for the sommelier, she was running her butt off!!!). We always grab a cocktail from a bar before dinner to bring in with us, to prevent any unnecessary lapses in alcoholic ingestion ;)

As far as the soda goes, you will want to let the bar server know on the first night that you'd like them every night and you should be all set. On our first night, we ordered a couple large bottles of Evian and Perrier for the tables (our group was 12, so we had two tables), and every night after, fresh cold bottles were waiting on our tables for us. We didn't actually even ask the waiter for that, but they must get some kind of tip for everything they serve so that was an easy one for him.

Agee with this.^ On every cruise we've been on, after the first night we've always had drinks either on the table or served within a few minutes of being seated. When we did the Reflection this summer, the boys and I had the premium NA package and dh had the classic alc package. The first night we ordered drinks from the bar server and every night after that as soon as we sat he magically appeared with a tray of beverages. I think we only had to show the cards the first night and once he saw the packages all was well.

If you choose to buy a bottle of more expensive wine instead of individual glasses, you will get a 20% discount with the classic package and a 30% discount if you have the premium package.

You certainly can bring wine/drinks into the dining room...we do it all the time.

Just ask your waiter or assistant waiter to have the bar waiter come over to your table. We have always had good luck with this, no need to wait for them to notice how thirsty you look. Even with the drink package, my DH likes a cocktail (or two) with his dinner and he has always been accommodated.

... Also, is there entertainment (musicians) around the pool daily and thru-out the ship (Summit)? We've only done Princess before and thoroughly enjoyed the musicians in the plaza before dinner.

There will be a few musicians and lounge acts who will play at various places around the ship, including by the pool in the afternoon. Their performance times will be published in the daily bulletin distributed to your cabin each night for the following day.

We were on the Summit for the repositioning cruise and we had a wonderful time. We also had the Classic bev package and we had no problem getting wine with our dinner. The wine was not poured and waiting for us since the sommelier did not want to assume our drink preference for the evening. But, she had the bottles close by and refilled our glasses without having to be asked. (We were with TA's and they told us that they get the gratuity for every drink served so they do try to make sure you get what you want.)

After dinner we liked to have an after dinner drink and we either asked the waiter or sommelier and they got the attention of the bar tender and our drinks were served.

Lovely ship and great crew! The senior officers were friendly and visible throughout the cruise! Lots of activities between the "stripes" and the guests.

We were on the Summit for the repositioning cruise and we had a wonderful time. We also had the Classic bev package and we had no problem getting wine with our dinner. The wine was not poured and waiting for us since the sommelier did not want to assume our drink preference for the evening. But, she had the bottles close by and refilled our glasses without having to be asked. (We were with TA's and they told us that they get the gratuity for every drink served so they do try to make sure you get what you want.)

After dinner we liked to have an after dinner drink and we either asked the waiter or sommelier and they got the attention of the bar tender and our drinks were served.

Lovely ship and great crew! The senior officers were friendly and visible throughout the cruise! Lots of activities between the "stripes" and the guests.

The folks that report wine waiting and glasses never empty had me concerned. We like good wine well paired with our dinner, not necessarily easy, readily available wine. Your experience sounds great.