want leggings, but not tight

royalcruz

...I went ahead and ordered a pair from Ann Taylor.com. They have a wide waistband, and AT pants usually fit me really well and comfortably...

I just got them today. I think they are going to work, as they are fitted but not tight. I'm going to wear them tomorrow. :)

Has anyone recently purchased (still available for sale) leggings that aren't tight fitting? I want them to look just like leggings, but not feel like them. I have a couple of pairs of pants that are like jeggings, but they are too thick to look good with dresses.

leggings with dresses? why not wear a dress or just wear pants?

leggings with dresses? why not wear a dress or just wear pants?

I'm thinking about dresses that are very short (mid-thigh), and also tunics (long as a top/short as a dress). They look cute with leggings, but would look awful and trashy on me bare-legged.:eek:

"Why not just wear pants?"...I do wear pants but not with dresses!

Edited by royalcruz

I'm thinking about dresses that are very short (mid-thigh), and also tunics (long as a top/short as a dress). They look cute with leggings, but would look awful and trashy on me bare-legged.:eek:

"Why not just wear pants?"...I do wear pants but not with dresses!

I'm so confused.. you want baggy leggings to wear with long tops which I think is a nice look assuming you aren't 5'2" and heavy.

I'm so confused.. you want baggy leggings to wear with long tops which I think is a nice look assuming you aren't 5'2" and heavy.

No, no, no…

There ARE leggings that don't make you feel like you are inside a sausage casing, BUT don't look like you are wearing pants. It's more about how they feel on rather than the actual look. My pair of Eileen Fisher leggings are far from tight fitting, yet they look like any other pair of leggings. I've worn them with, just like the poster wants, with both dresses (in the winter when I want a little more warmth) and tunics (or, some may call mini-dresses ;))

Just think outside the "all leggings MUST fit like hosiery" box...

No, I didn't say I wanted "baggy" leggings! Yuck! :eek: No wonder you are so confused. I just want them to be comfortable and fitted, but not tight like sausage like Slidergirl said! Anyway, as I stated above, I ordered them from Ann Taylor and they are fine. And yes, I am petite and size L ("heavy" is subjective), but manufacturers actually make leggings and tunics for people like me and bigger too, LOL!

Edited by royalcruz

No one will be more surprised than I was, but Lands End starfish leggings have become my favorites. Bought them to wear around the house and have ended up liking them better than Spanx (tight but flattering with a thick waistband) and Eileen Fisher ($$$ and not as fitted).

Edited by Daisydaisy20

Try Soma for the leggings. Don't get the slimming kind because they are very tight. Just regular leggings.

Thanks. I'm going to try the Soma ones in navy.... I get free shipping and can return them to the local store if I don't like them. Today the highest priced item is half price if you buy a second regular priced item, so I got leggings and panties for about $30 total.

I'm SO glad that I got those black leggings! Over the weekend I ruined the bottom of my favorite knee length A-line LBD with an ironing mishap...so I hemmed 5" off the bottom and turned it into a peplum-bottom tunic that looks adorable with leggings and a belt! I might even be able to wear it over a pencil skirt with a belt.