want leggings, but not tight

royalcruz

Has anyone recently purchased (still available for sale) leggings that aren't tight fitting? I want them to look just like leggings, but not feel like them. I have a couple of pairs of pants that are like jeggings, but they are too thick to look good with dresses.

Has anyone recently purchased (still available for sale) leggings that aren't tight fitting? I want them to look just like leggings, but not feel like them. I have a couple of pairs of pants that are like jeggings, but they are too thick to look good with dresses.

Hi Sharon:)....wish I could help you but my body is not designed to

wear them:eek:....I am heavy in the mid section both front and

back:rolleyes: so leggings are definitely not for me.

I've never seen leggings that are not tight fitting, that's just what they are. Anything that is not tight fitting is not going to look right with a dress. I don't think you can have it both ways......look like leggings but don't feel like them.;):)

I used to have a pair in the 80s that were perfect. I went ahead and ordered a pair from Ann Taylor.com. They have a wide waistband, and AT pants usually fit me really well and comfortably. I have a pair of their knit pants that are cut like skinny jeans and they are perfect, so we'll see.

Don't get leggings...get dark colored or texured stockings/pantyhose.

I'm wasting my typing fingers but why? Maybe it's not what you would wear but the OP wants LEGGINGS and it's her choice to wear them.

OP, if I wear leggings with a dress, I get the ones that are like tights without feet. They are opaque and I'm not even aware of having them on.

Hope the Ann Taylor are what you're looking for and are perfect.:)

this may sound a little silly but ..... you could always try a pair of Plus size leggings ... they would still be clingy like leggings due to the material type but will not feel as tight ... and even though they are plus size they will not be "loose" per say due again to the type of material leggings are made of .... I have a smaller friend who does not (she is not plus size but likes plus size leggings are they not as tight but are still tight enough ... :-) you could always try a pair on to see if they would work for you :-)

this may sound a little silly but ..... you could always try a pair of Plus size leggings ... they would still be clingy like leggings due to the material type but will not feel as tight ... and even though they are plus size they will not be "loose" per say due again to the type of material leggings are made of .... I have a smaller friend who does not (she is not plus size but likes plus size leggings are they not as tight but are still tight enough ... :-) you could always try a pair on to see if they would work for you :-)

Thanks. I might do that if these don't work out.

Don't get leggings...get dark colored or texured stockings/pantyhose.

Stockings/pantyhose/tights feel too tight on me, which is what I'm trying to avoid. If I get XL, they gather in spots, and still have that tight feeling, and I'm sensitive to lycra.

Have you thought about trying a pair of skinny pants (not jeans) with a dress? I noticed in White House Black Market yesterday that they have a bunch of these. I am not sure how it would look with a dress, but it may be worth a try. I am not a fan of super tight leggings, but have had good luck with HUE. It's stretchy cotton like the stirrup pants from the 80's. They are sold online and at department stores. :)

Lisa

Have you thought about trying a pair of skinny pants (not jeans) with a dress? I noticed in White House Black Market yesterday that they have a bunch of these. I am not sure how it would look with a dress, but it may be worth a try. I am not a fan of super tight leggings, but have had good luck with HUE. It's stretchy cotton like the stirrup pants from the 80's. They are sold online and at department stores. :)

Lisa

I have a few pairs of skinny pants but they look awful with dresses. I'll check out the Hue leggings; the ones in the 80s were comfortable. :)

This season I am into skinny jeans and leggings.

I bought this legging at Saks http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/ProductDetail.jsp?FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374306544344&PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524446655447&R=454465657093&P_name=9|15&N=306544344&bmUID=k8._x2r. I also bought the top.

I wore this Alexander McQueen scarf, Diane Furstenberg dress with legging, my new LV booties and my new Prada bag out to dinner last night.

M

10780536514_20e67ce75f.jpg

10780303943_00d644da43.jpg

10058823343_379c52e144.jpg

10695402385_3e11326ddc.jpg

Now, don't choke on the price, but look at the Eileen Fisher viscose jersey leggings. They are my favorites. They definitely do not feel constricting tight on me like other leggings. I've had this pair since 2009 and they still look great and fit the same. I wear them with my LBD and my black engineer boots and go anywhere and fit right in. I've worn them with tunics out and about. They were a good buy for the quality and durability.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by slidergirl

I wore this Alexander McQueen scarf, Diane Furstenberg dress with legging, my new LV booties and my new Prada bag out to dinner last night.

M

Ok Marie I want to KNOW please where you got this scarf. Basically my entire wardrobe is black and while and I LOVE this one - I need to get one like it

Thanks

Sharon

I bought this legging at Saks http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/ProductDetail.jsp?FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374306544344&PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524446655447&R=454465657093&P_name=9|15&N=306544344&bmUID=k8._x2r. I also bought the top.

M

That's a great outfit Marie! I have that scarf in a white background.

Lawblond7, Neiman Marcus sells Alexander McQueen but I'm not sure if that scarf is still for sale.

You might want to try the leggings at Ann Taylor Loft. They are cotton with stretch. The ones I saw on the Ann Taylor site seemed more like your typical leggings to me - Nylon, Rayon & Lycra. I wear the Loft ones and they are super comfortable. I hate tights and pantyhose, so I think you might like them. The bonus is that they are $24.50!

You might want to try the leggings at Ann Taylor Loft. They are cotton with stretch. The ones I saw on the Ann Taylor site seemed more like your typical leggings to me - Nylon, Rayon & Lycra. I wear the Loft ones and they are super comfortable. I hate tights and pantyhose, so I think you might like them. The bonus is that they are $24.50!

I found them online. Thanks. I'll try them if the AT ones don't work.

M

Forget all the rest, that bag makes me swoon! LOL

Forget all the rest, that bag makes me swoon! LOL

And I want the scarf as I would love to own it - so guess the scarf makes me swoon as it would go with basically my ENTIRE wardrobe. Trying see if I can find one on line

Sharon

I was able to find the scarf on ebay so I ordered one- hopefully it will be real - if not it will be returned - I loved it that much and I am not a scarf person that much

See Marie by posting your outfits you make us all more fashion forward

Sharon

One of the deal-of-the-day sites, Rue La La, had the Alexander McQueen skull scarf on "sale" the other day. Sold out at $200+ dollars!!!

I've had a black skull scarf from someone else for a few years now. They were one of the swag offerings at the Fred Segal booth at Sundance. Coveted it ever since...