Conquest leaving New Orleans

WLHyatt

After barely 2 years, the Conquest left the Port of New Orleans for the last time today.

Watched the sailaway on the nola.com/live webcams, and grabbed these stills from the Port Of New Orleans webcam.

Conquestslastday3_zps1690a30b.jpg

Conquestslastday4_zpsa360d1d1.jpg

Conquestslastday8_zps02d09091.jpg

Conquestslastday12_zps66ff2e34.jpg

Conquestslastday14_zpscf0830f2.jpg

Conquestslastday15_zps77c60c4e.jpg

Edited by WLHyatt

Thanks for the screenshots. I wish I had remembered to watch. Our first cruise was on the Conquest. We were booked October 2005 and Katrina changed our plans by moving the Conquest to Galveston.

Yep, and we'll be there again 6 months from tomorrow. We need to get our roll call moving, I like an active roll call!

Yep, and we'll be there again 6 months from tomorrow. We need to get our roll call moving, I like an active roll call!

I keep checking it every day or so but nobody really posting but us. Hopefully it will get better after the Holidays. I looked at the Port Canaveral webcam at the Dream in port. Really looking forward to the cruise. :)

Thanks for sharing the pics....I'll be in New Orleans 4 weeks from tonight getting ready to board the Sunshine

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I hope you have a great trip. It will be interesting to see how they handle the smaller Sunshine followed shortly by the larger Dream. If I am not mistaken the dream will be the largest cruise ship to visit the port of New Orleans. I wonder what preparation they will have to do there...

I hope you have a great trip. It will be interesting to see how they handle the smaller Sunshine followed shortly by the larger Dream. If I am not mistaken the dream will be the largest cruise ship to visit the port of New Orleans. I wonder what preparation they will have to do there...

I'll find out the differences as well because I'm on the Sunshine next month and in April we are doing the 9-day repositioning cruise on the Dream that brings the Dream to New Orleans

Just got off conquest Sat and can say I will never sail on this boat again, the air in our room (9209) kept the temp at 75 all week. Had three different techs come and all said the fan wasn't blowing hard enough to cool the room and all Carnival said was as long as it stays at 75 it's in their temp range for the boat so they sent a fan to our room, then sleeping under a fan made our heads stop up, the food was good but not great, our wait staff in the Monet dining room Eko and Jacenco was fantastic, the ports were a bit disappointing due to the weather not cooperating, rain on both days, had two rough days at sea and the main shows had to be canceled, our room steward needs to learn to knock, he came in our room without knocking and there I stand in undies getting dressed and he kept talking about I need to clean your room, talked to other guest and he did the same thing to them. His name was Raul. Didn't like him very much. Saw the captain quite a bit this cruise out mingling with the cruisers, which I liked. The acoustic duo was really good, and the band "government shutdown" was good. I am ready for the Dream to make its way to Nola.

We sailed her twice from New Orleans. Both times our room was hot, and we used a fan but did not let that spoil our trip. The ship was in great shape and our ports were all hot (August and May). We had rain a few times and we sailed through hurricane Isaac in August 2012 before it made landfall in Louisiana. We made the most of the weather and discovered the near weightlessness that can be attained in high seas.

Thanks for the screenshots. I wish I had remembered to watch. Our first cruise was on the Conquest. We were booked October 2005 and Katrina changed our plans by moving the Conquest to Galveston.

A good friend of mine was on that cruise. He is from middle tn. He had probably 15 family members with him.

New Orleans has served the Voyager of the Seas. The Dream is a bit smaller than that ship.

If Royal and/or NCL would post a ship there year round, I would consider a cruise on them. As it is we are usually sailing in the summertime and the lack of options keeps us from sailing other lines.

We like to cruise from New Orleans because we consider it our second home and are comfortable with the port and the city as a whole.

Thanks for the great pics!

We just got off Conquest on Sat. and had a great cruise - rough seas and all.

The staff was excellent and I think that Conquest is beautiful.

Looking forward to sailing Sunshine and Dream out of NOLA next year.

If Royal and/or NCL would post a ship there year round, I would consider a cruise on them. As it is we are usually sailing in the summertime and the lack of options keeps us from sailing other lines.

We like to cruise from New Orleans because we consider it our second home and are comfortable with the port and the city as a whole.

Our local officials are stating that they are in negotiations with other cruise lines to put a ship back here in Mobile. I would think that it is a line other than Carnival and would speculate that NCL is one of them. It will be nice to have a ship back here.