Dawn dining rooms question

megwal86

What is the difference between the Aquq and Venetian dining rooms? Are the menus the same? Is there a different dress code for each? Thanks

Basically the same. The Venetian is more formal and I like it better. It is also more formal, meaning no shorts. You can wear shorts to Aqua.

The menus for both have two "sides"...one is the always available selections (they don't change each day)....there is a slight difference between the two restaurants on this side (ie one has NY strip steak, the other has another cut).

The side that changes every day is the same for both restaurants.

Any differences in dress code will be noted in the daily newsletter.

The Venetian is larger and has more windows and a high ceiling (two decks).

• 5 months later...
Do you know if men can wear flip flops with dressier attire? like with khaki slacks and a button down shirt?

According to last week's Dawn Freestyle Daily... (just dug them out of my bags)

Dress Code: Stay relaxed throughout the evening. Resort casual is allowed in all of our dining venues. Shorts are permitted in all outlets except Venetian and Le Bistro. Shoes and shirts must be worn. No tank tops, flip flops or baseball caps are allowed.

Can't speak to the Venetian, because I did not feel like wearing slacks all week, so I stayed away and went to Aqua and the other casual venues.

Bill

We were on the Dawn last year and ate in Aqua probably 3 times. It was our main dining room of choice due to the easier dress code. The kids always said they did not want to put on pants for dinner. DW and I figured this was not going to a place make a stand on vacation so we did Aqua.

We did see the hostess require the removal of hats more than once - so it is enforced (or was that week). It is a little dark in there and there is limited sea view. If I recall correctly they had ceasar salad every night and Venetian had a different side salad - for what that's worth to you.

We found the service in the Aqua Dining room far better than in the Venetian. We've sailed on the Dawn twice and found this to be the case.

They are very strict on the dress code in the Venetian. Women can wear tank tops however men cannot. We also found the waitstaff in the Aqua friendlier than in the Venetian.

We found the service in the Aqua Dining room far better than in the Venetian. We've sailed on the Dawn twice and found this to be the case.

They are very strict on the dress code in the Venetian. Women can wear tank tops however men cannot. We also found the waitstaff in the Aqua friendlier than in the Venetian.

Thank God! :eek:

Nobody needs to see that while trying to eat a pleasant sit down meal.

• 2 months later...

I know we are all on vacation when we cruise, but I wish people would display a little taste when dining. No one is asking anyone to dress to the nines. It is after all freestyle, but come on folks.

One of my major complaints with NCL is with their policing of women's dress requirements in the more formal dining rooms. Sometimes it looks like the day after Thanksgiving at Wal-Mart in there.