Just got an email from Royal...

LuvWilliam

I just received an email about our Indy cruise this week... It said to not come to the terminal until 1:00PM because of immigration reasons as Indy is back to the US from Europe. We are taking the RCI shuttle from FLL. Our flight comes in at 10:45AM. Normally, if it was just DH and I we would find somewhere to hang out for a couple hours. However, we will have our 12.5 month old with us. Does anyone know if the RC shuttles will still be running or what happens if we show up at say 11:30?

I just received an email about our Indy cruise this week... It said to not come to the terminal until 1:00PM because of immigration reasons as Indy is back to the US from Europe. We are taking the RCI shuttle from FLL. Our flight comes in at 10:45AM. Normally, if it was just DH and I we would find somewhere to hang out for a couple hours. However, we will have our 12.5 month old with us. Does anyone know if the RC shuttles will still be running or what happens if we show up at say 11:30?

Worse case you check-in and sit and wait.

Ship will be ready by noon I'm sure.

they send those out as a worst case scenario in case Immigration takes longer to get everyone off, the turn around time takes longer but it be the same, since it is coming from Europe, there are some additional steps through customs they must go through, agricultural and stuff... I'd just plan on catching the shuttle as you normally would

Those returning TA's do take a little longer. But the waiting area at the cruise terminal is probably cleaner and safer than hanging out at the airport and you don't really have time to get a day room. You will also likely sit on the bus for a while collecting other pax, and not leave till closer to 1:30 or 12 Noon anyway. (at least that has always been our experience with RCI transfers)

Many TA pax are frequent cruisers and members here on CC. I'd monitor this board for chatter in the AM about if the disembarking times are running late. There is likely to be someone posting about it given how many "experienced" cruisers there are on TA's. Have a fun cruise!

I got that when I was on the Allure 3 weeks ago, still showed up at the port at 10:30 and was on the ship by 11;30 and rooms ready by 1:00. I think it is their way of controlling the crowds and it seems to work, there was none there when I went. Leaving this Sat on the Oasis so we will see how that goes. As of right now I have not received the email or the calls like I did on the Allure.

Agree with check on CC that morning. If Indy is in the same port as normal it isn't a nice or large terminal. Not sure what day of the week it gets in but I've read they have used the oasis terminal before and that would ideal. Worst case gauge the line when you get there and if it's real bad take a cab to a mall for a bit. If you can and real worried you could eat lunch at the airport first to burn some time off.

Our returning Liberty TA was delayed by immigration. The ship did not get cleared until after 8am, our number was 24 and we did not get called until 1040. There were at least 8 numbers after us. Once getting off the ship, we spent about 45 minutes waiting in a long, slow line to get our luggage and get through customs/immigration. I really doubt if anyone was able to board until after 1pm.

Sherri:)

I got that when I was on the Allure 3 weeks ago, still showed up at the port at 10:30 and was on the ship by 11;30 and rooms ready by 1:00. I think it is their way of controlling the crowds and it seems to work, there was none there when I went. Leaving this Sat on the Oasis so we will see how that goes. As of right now I have not received the email or the calls like I did on the Allure.

The email received by the OP has nothing to do with Oasis or Allure but to a ship returning to the US from a long overseas deployment. The email the OP received is to prevent a gaggle of people coming to the port when there are planned activities by US Government Agencies that do delay boarding. As stated previously we have not boarded until 2:00PM under similar circumstances.

It can vary. Several years ago we were on the first cruise after the TA on the NV. The entire crew has to go through immigration. The ship receives a Coast Guard inspection plus there are crew members signing off and new crew members joining the ship. It's a day of chaos. Boarding did not start until around 1:00.

I have been on the leaving and receiving end of TAs a few times. (Getting on the Liberty right after a TA and getting off the Navigator right before a TA).

It always seems to be a messy experience.

The terminal they use in Port Everglades (FLL) isn't very nice compared to the Oasis/Allure Terminal or the Miami terminals. However, being that your flight lands at 10:45am, I would suggest just heading on over. By the time you collect your things, get on the bus, get in to the port, offload, etc. Plenty of time will pass!

Waiting stinks but you're excited for the cruise, but finding something to do in the meantime isnt worth it in my opinion.

More likely than not the Indy will be using Pier 18 on the 15th. a Friday. This is the Oasis/Allure pier. After that it will return to Pier 29 for the rest of the season. Getting in at 10:45 should get you there at just the right time.

Edited by bilyclub

Ignore it, they send it to everyone.