2015 cruises

doglover214

Yes, I, too, am waiting to see the Regent choices for the Med cruises June-Aug 2015. I wanted to do Azamara but they are not going to any ports I want to see in summer 2015 and I just found an ideal itinerary on Silversea Cruises for June-July..... I want to do RSSC, though, but need to book ASAP for work reasons:eek:

It is interesting that Silversea has it's itineraries out -- they used to come out after Regent. Perhaps it is a marketing strategy that may work out for them. From what I've read, Regent is going to include a lot of new ports in 2015 which takes time. Still, February, 2014 isn't bad for itineraries that will go through November of 2015.

Yes, probably so. I have read some of the reviews of Silverseas on this board and am still wanting to "wait out" and see what Regent has to offer. There is a B2B sailing that Silverseas offers that would be my ideal choice, but even my travel agent has "hands down" recommended Regent...guess I just have to be patient. I am looking forward to the new ports if that's true!!

Even with raising the cost of business flights Regent still seems to be a deal. I looked at Crystal and Silverseas yesterday to try to compare and realized that it's just easier to stick with Regent. We are looking for a British Isles cruise in 2015 so will probably just get a future cruise credit when we sail in January.

Regent is also raising the upgrade to business for 2015. They did the same last year. At the rate they are going they just make it harder for a lot of people to sail with them.

IMO, it is the airlines rather than Regent that is causing the costs to increase so much. Some business class fares are almost as high as a cruise fare.

Sure dislike hearing that business rates are going up yet again (though understand it). My dh won't fly economy at this stage of our fortunate life, but we can barely do the $1200 that it costs now. Will be a great shame if we have to give up cruising, as that's virtually the only kind of vacation he's comfortable with.

debijaynes: I hear you about flying out of Ft Myers, but I'm curious why you don't fly out of Miami instead. Is Miami as bad? Also, RSW is supposedly getting more and more international flights. I wonder if things might get better down the road (certainly not cheaper though).

I, too, am looking forward to seeing 2015 summer itineraries, though cruising has become less of a "given."

Carpe diem everyone!

Yes of course we can do Miami, Ft Lauderdale or Tampa (actually the cheapest of the lot for our Norway trip) or Orlando as we did the last time....but..... you have to get there, park etc. Miami is low on my list for the airport but we may be forced to do that. I actually hate flying so much that after next year if it doesn't leave out of a Florida port --it just may not happen. My husband is working on something to knock me out :):):)

Debi

It is interesting that Silversea has it's itineraries out -- they used to come out after Regent. Perhaps it is a marketing strategy that may work out for them. From what I've read, Regent is going to include a lot of new ports in 2015 which takes time. Still, February, 2014 isn't bad for itineraries that will go through November of 2015.

You seem quite knowledgeable about Regent and Oceania. Have you taken this particular itinerary? If so, on which line. We want to do this next September. Big birthday. :)