One glitch after another since new booking system..Now missing points.o

PH8

You will not believe this........I just looked at my history(to calculate my points) and it has dropped ANOTHER 7! :eek::eek::eek:

So I called and the rep looked into my account and verified someone had recalculated it and told me the amount as of the conversion date then added on the new ones......

Brings my total to 7 more than I thought I should have,but truthfully,I was so confused by now........

So,just waiting for it to update......

From now on,I am keeping better records of my points.......learning lesson.

I'll give you 14 of mine!!! :)

question.....if I took a cruise Jan 21,2011,is that calculated on the new cruises after the conversion??

Kathy –

We were on a cruise during the conversion and it took a while to get the conversion right. They could not decide if they should give me 2 credits ( we were in a suite) and then do the conversion OR do the conversion and give me 14 points. SO….. they did the obvious and gave me 2 POINTS for 7 nights in a suite! WHAT???

It was eventually fixed, but to took several emails and faxes, and a copy of the C&A brochure that came out at the point conversion showing my points just before that cruise.

RCCL uses exact points for new perks and high level awards so I or 2 or 14 make a big difference. Keep working at it.

Marci

Thanks Ellen........now you know why I have been anti RCCL these past 24 hrs...if it's not one thing,it's another.But this too,shall pass:)

Well I think they should give you that balcony cabin for this weekend as a goodwill gesture!!!:D RCL are you reading this??

Kathy –

We were on a cruise during the conversion and it took a while to get the conversion right. They could not decide if they should give me 2 credits ( we were in a suite) and then do the conversion OR do the conversion and give me 14 points. SO….. they did the obvious and gave me 2 POINTS for 7 nights in a suite! WHAT???

It was eventually fixed, but to took several emails and faxes, and a copy of the C&A brochure that came out at the point conversion showing my points just before that cruise.

RCCL uses exact points for new perks and high level awards so I or 2 or 14 make a big difference. Keep working at it.

Marci

That is too funny...........glad you got it all straightened out......

Well I think they should give you that balcony cabin for this weekend as a goodwill gesture!!!:D RCL are you reading this??
bruhahahahaha.......nah,they will just take some more for my complaining.;)

question.....if I took a cruise Jan 21,2011,is that calculated on the new cruises after the conversion??

My guess, and just my guess...The credits entered into the system by the evening of 1/20/2011 were converted (per formula) to points early on 1/21/2011. If one was on a cruise on 1/21/2011, time passed until the cruise ended, then time passed until the info conveyed to C&A. Since the cruise was tallied some days after the conversion on the 21st, it most likely was awarded points, not credits.

I hope they stop subtracting points from you. I know some people mysteriously get credited with extra points; even if they are not "earned" it would be sad to see them disappear.

Well, after reading this thread, I decided to go check my points. Since I don't currently have any cruises in the works, I haven't been on the site since the update.

Previously (post conversion), I had 144 points.

I'm now showing 132.

Based on the above posted formula, I should have 144 (just re-did the math).

*sigh*

What the hell were they trying to accomplish with this update, because, at this point I'm going to have to give it a great, big FAIL! Guess I'm going to have to call C&A and hash this out at some point. I'll give it one more week and see if they figure it out.

My guess, and just my guess...The credits entered into the system by the evening of 1/20/2011 were converted (per formula) to points early on 1/21/2011. If one was on a cruise on 1/21/2011, time passed until the cruise ended, then time passed until the info conveyed to C&A. Since the cruise was tallied some days after the conversion on the 21st, it most likely was awarded points, not credits.

I hope they stop subtracting points from you. I know some people mysteriously get credited with extra points; even if they are not "earned" it would be sad to see them disappear.

No need to guess. We were on a cruise during conversion. They did not know if they should award 2 CREDITS ( 7 nights in a suite) or 14 POINTS, so they awarded 2 POINTS! It took a while and lots of documentation – but finally worked out properly. (Our cruise started on Jan 16, 2011).

M

Well, after reading this thread, I decided to go check my points. Since I don't currently have any cruises in the works, I haven't been on the site since the update.

Previously (post conversion), I had 144 points.

I'm now showing 132.

Based on the above posted formula, I should have 144 (just re-did the math).

*sigh*

What the hell were they trying to accomplish with this update, because, at this point I'm going to have to give it a great, big FAIL! Guess I'm going to have to call C&A and hash this out at some point. I'll give it one more week and see if they figure it out.

Good luck...they admitted to me(from the executive office this morning),there have been several glitches..:rolleyes:

Ok,after numerous calls,it is all straightened out under MY CRUISES....and copied and pasted for future reference.....;)

Glad you got it straight. After I read this thread this morning I copies mine as well. I had not updated it since the end of 2011:eek:

Glad to hear they got it straightened out.

I just don't have the energy this week. I've spent too much time fighting with Big Brother already.

Maybe the IT Fairy wave her magic wand and get it straightened out by next week. LOL

Awesome.

What is going on with them?? I mean, I get they wanted to do an update, but shouldn't they have, I don't know, made sure it actually worked first??!!

I should probably shut up, or I may not be diamond for much longer.