Royal Princess Sanctuary

Pootimer

I'd like to purchase the full week in the Sanctuary for my upcoming Royal Princess cruise, but probably wouldn't use if every day. Is another family member able to use my pass for an afternoon when I'm not planning on using the Sanctuary?

I'd like to purchase the full week in the Sanctuary for my upcoming Royal Princess cruise, but probably wouldn't use if every day. Is another family member able to use my pass for an afternoon when I'm not planning on using the Sanctuary?
Yes, but let them know ahead of time who they are and that you've approved their using your lounger. You don't get a "pass" card or anything like that but rather once you reserve a lounger, the attendants know who you are. If they see a stranger, they'll be asked to leave. Edited by Pam in CA

Please note that 'officially' they are not trasnferable. That said as noted the Stewards will generally accomodate. One thing they won't allow is both of you to hang out in the area for extended time, the rental fee does not just cover the lounger but all access (I know this may not be in your plans, pointing this out for future searchers.

We just got off of the Royal on Sunday, and although we were the first people up to the Sanctuary, all of the week "passes" were gone. They had sold them to the people that were on the back to back. So we had to book day to day. A half day is $15.00 and a full day is $25.00 and the week ( if you can get it) is $120.00. There are 48 loungers, and they sell half as a week. The others you book daily. But there was a change in the booking system. The manager opens the bookings for the next day at 1:00p. So it did make it a little easier than getting up at 7:00a. It seems people were lining up at 5:00a, so he was trying the new method and it seemed to work out better.

They try new things, but to have all the loungers gone when we got on was disappointing. He did say that he allowed them to book on Saturday for the next week. I wish they had say booked only half, but it is what it is!:)

Please note that 'officially' they are not trasnferable. That said as noted the Stewards will generally accomodate. One thing they won't allow is both of you to hang out in the area for extended time, the rental fee does not just cover the lounger but all access (I know this may not be in your plans, pointing this out for future searchers.

my sister and I are on the at week too! we were hoping to get a spot as well, but we found out from the ruby last feb, that you can be the 1st or 2nd in line, but they are booked!?!!! I do hope to get the week, but will take half day or what ever, especially on sea days..

We had a family of four and checked in on the first day at the same time. That way everyone got to know us. There were times when one person other than the booking cabin went down. It was not a problem. I should add in addition to the cabins, you got two loungers immediately outside.

Most people have learned to book as soon as they are on board. If you don't have early embarkation privileges, you are likely to be disappointed. Just prepare yourself!

As far as I know there is no pre booking, not even the concierge for suites.

Edited by hehny