Collectable Martini Glass

Jane2357

In the inaugural year of Solstice, while onboard we had a martini (don't remember which martini) and it came in these beautiful glasses. They are clear on top with 3 scallops out of the rim - a deep blue stem and the base is a swirl of many colors. Says Celebrity - X - Cruises. Would anyone know if these are still available? I'm sure that they aren't expensive but just very pretty. I did not see these last year on Connie.

In the inaugural year of Solstice, while onboard we had a martini (don't remember which martini) and it came in these beautiful glasses. They are clear on top with 3 scallops out of the rim - a deep blue stem and the base is a swirl of many colors. Says Celebrity - X - Cruises. Would anyone know if these are still available? I'm sure that they aren't expensive but just very pretty. I did not see these last year on Connie.

Hi, I haven't seen them for sale anywhere. I see your next cruise

is in February on Eclipse. My best suggestion is to speak with either

1) Bar Manager

2) Head Bartender

3) a regular bartender and maybe of those folks can help you.

I remember these! We have two at home we bought on the ship.

I haven't seen these for a while. These might have originated with the Murano martini (a special martini no longer on the menu), although they used these glasses for all martinis in the martini bar for a while. The swirl of colors in the bottom is Murano glass or an imitation fashioned after Murano glass. Murano glass comes from the island of Murano next to Venice. Following that glass design they had the same glasses without the scallops for a while but the last few cruises they've had pretty ordinary looking Martini glasses.

The current Martini Bar menu has a special martini called the "20 year Martini" that was created by Junior Marino who developed the Molecular bar menu. The menu on our last cruise showed an option for a souvenir glass with it for an extra charge. I didn't order one of these so I don't know if the souvenir glass is one of those Murano glasses or something different.

i-xMRbP22-M.jpg

Edited by Lsimon

I remember these! We have two at home we bought on the ship.

I haven't seen these for a while. These might have originated with the Murano martini (a special martini no longer on the menu), although they used these glasses for all martinis in the martini bar for a while. The swirl of colors in the bottom is Murano glass or an imitation fashioned after Murano glass. Murano glass comes from the island of Murano next to Venice. Following that glass design they had the same glasses without the scallops for a while but the last few cruises they've had pretty ordinary looking Martini glasses.

The current Martini Bar menu has a special martini called the "20 year Martini" that was created by Junior Marino who developed the Molecular bar menu. The menu on our last cruise showed an option for a souvenir glass with it for an extra charge. I didn't order one of these so I don't know if the souvenir glass is one of those Murano glasses or something different.

i-xMRbP22-M.jpg

THOSE ARE THEM! Aren't they pretty? I'll be checking to see if I can find some once on Eclipse - I'm sure they aren't Murano but I love them still. I might just pack and take them with me to the martini bar next cruise! :D

THOSE ARE THEM! Aren't they pretty? I'll be checking to see if I can find some once on Eclipse - I'm sure they aren't Murano but I love them still. I might just pack and take them with me to the martini bar next cruise! :D

Yes, those are them:D and yes, they are very pretty!

http:

Yes, those are them:D and yes, they are very pretty!

Yes very pretty indeed. I would buy one of those....wonder if they are available as part of my Classic Beverage Package? Tee hee, just being dorky. Seriously though I would buy one if they were available on our Summit San Juan cruise. I thought I've read some posts stating that the 20 year martinis are no longer available. Maybe the glasses are still there hidden in the gift shop? Cheers

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We purchased a boxed set of 4 a number of years ago. We were on the Eclipse Caribbean in 2011 but can't remember if we got them at that time. The box said Murano glass and there are two different designs. On 2 of the glasses the colors are in a swirl and the other two have drops of the colors. HOWEVER, the bottoms say "Made in China"!!!