Pearl Mini-Suite Review (Cabin #11556)

alg7334

My husband and I did the 5 night Caribbean cruise out of Miami 11/5-11/10 and stayed in a mini-suite, cabin # 11556. We loved the room - it was great! Below are some pictures and thoughts on the room (I didn't take them on the first day before we settled in so I apologize in advance about the room being a little messy!!).

View of the room from the door:

100_3177_zps872d8a7b.jpg

Standing at the foot of the bed looking back at the door:

100_3169_zpsb040d902.jpg

Bed and closet area:

100_3165_zps6ec826e6.jpg

100_3164_zps74df4768.jpg

Foot of bed (this would be a great place to put a second TV!):

100_3176_zps536ed60b.jpg

In my opinion, one of the greatest features of this room was this huge curtain that you could draw to separate the "living room area" from the "bedroom" area. This was perfect for my husband and me because I wake up much earlier than he does so I could draw the curtain and read or watch TV without bothering him. The best part - there was a separate heat control for that side of the room!!!

100_3163_zps9f255010.jpg

100_3161_zps3184650f.jpg

100_3158_zps92096dec.jpg

100_3160_zpsd010f5fa.jpg

100_3159_zps4c1dc2e0.jpg

Next up is the balcony. It was really spacious!

100_3157_zps549aac31.jpg

100_3156_zps69d3470c.jpg

100_3155_zps30c53370.jpg

100_3154_zpsb96c5277.jpg

Pros:

- Very spacious! The room was huge compared to the inside staterooms we usually get.

- Balcony was very large - could easily fit a pool deck chair.

- Great huge curtain that separates the "living room" area from the bedroom area. This was great for me, the early riser, so I could read or watch TV while my husband got a couple more hours of sleep. Even better there was a separate heat control on that side!!

- TONS of storage space! There are lots of drawers.

- Bathrobes are in the closet.

- Coffeemaker was in the room.

- Regular outlets but I recommend bringing an extension cord/power strip as there are only two outlets.

- Honestly having a bathtub was not a major selling point for me but I actually ended up really enjoying having the extra space to shave and store bath products.

- Quiet. We heard virtually no noise from anywhere around us. The first morning I heard very faintly them putting the chairs out on the pool deck (I'm a very light sleeper) but never heard it again.

- Two separate heat controls was great! One side of the room could be cold for sleeping and the other side snuggly warm. :)

- Great location, convenient to everything especially buffet if you wanted to bring food back to your balcony.

Cons:

- Wish they had at least one pool deck chair on the balcony so we could have laid down out there (maybe you could ask for one? We never tried.)

- TV was far away from the bed so for those of us who need glasses/contacts during the day it was difficult to see the TV while you were trying to fall asleep at night. It would be great if they put another one in front of the bed.

- Difficult to open the closet doors because of where the bed is placed. The doors don't open all the way.

I hope this was helpful. Please let me know if you have any questions at all!

Hi!

Did you notice if anyone decorated their cabin door?

I didn't see any this time but in past cruises I have seen decorated doors several times. Some are done through the ship if they ordered a room decoration package and others do it themselves, if they're celebrating something special like a birthday or just getting married.

Thanks for the review. The photos didn't show one of the things I was interested in; maybe you can help. Do you think it would be difficult for someone short (5'5") to get out of the tub? I had a minisuite on the old NCL Crown, and while getting in was fine, getting out was something else...and a long step down. Thanks for anything you can add.

...and I'm still not sure about that toilet-in-a-cubbyhole thing...

Thanks for the review. The photos didn't show one of the things I was interested in; maybe you can help. Do you think it would be difficult for someone short (5'5") to get out of the tub? I had a minisuite on the old NCL Crown, and while getting in was fine, getting out was something else...and a long step down. Thanks for anything you can add.

...and I'm still not sure about that toilet-in-a-cubbyhole thing...

I'm 5'3" and didn't have a problem getting out, however I would suggest putting the bathmat or towel down to avoid a possible slip!

Seriously! Its definitely a little weird!