Average Temperatures on Westbound Transatlantic

JasonTehGreat

My cousin and I are planning a Transatlantic for August-November. Is anyone familiar with the average temperatures in the Atlantic for either August or November? We are both sensitive to the cold and it is obvious that August will be a warmer month but we were hoping someone might be able to tell us the average temps in August and November to see if November will be too cold or not.

Thanks,

Jason

Its all going to depend on the route.

The TAs that visit Canada and New England are going to be cool.

However, the recent Liberty crossing that went straight from Barcelona to the Caribbean had hot weather.

Because the air temperature over open ocean is very dependent on water temperature, which doesn't vary more than a degree or two at a certain location and date, you probably won't encounter many surprises unless the ship is caught in a storm pattern.

We just got off Infinity - UK Oct. 24 to Miami Nov 7. First couple of days were cool, but from Vigo, Spain then Lisbon we had 70 to 80 temps - a bit of rain, but generally comfortable. Fall T/A's are best because the Atlantic keeps it summer warmth and the time changes give you a lot of 25 hour days.

Thanks for your info!

We are looking for a Southampton or Barcelona to Ft. Lauderdale TA.

We did Southampton to Ft. Lauderdale last November 3-17 and it was too cold to spend any extensive time on deck. We needed blankets for MUTTS during the day. It was also frequently wet after leaving the Azores.

Edited by lamchops

I just got back a few days ago froma T/A from Southampton to Ft Lauderdale, and I would say if you want to avoid the cooler weather, pick the one from Barcelona.

I arrived in London in mid-October and it was damp, often rainy, windy and generally miserable. Not that it kept me from doing a bit of sightseeing! But that required a waterproof windbreaker with a warm sweater under it.

Only the last 2 1/2 days of the cruise were warm.

Because of Barcelona's location, farther south and on the Med, I do think you'd find the temps more to your liking.

JMHO