Where are all the rooms?

junglecat

Doing my daily check of prices on the Carnival web site to see where we are in regards to pricing for a price drop. Why am I finding NO rooms, but suites for our January sailing? Does this mean it's sold out and that's all that's available? Does this mean we'll not ever see pricing again for our category of a room. How will we check prices? Never had this happen before and feeling confused. :confused:

Doing my daily check of prices on the Carnival web site to see where we are in regards to pricing for a price drop. Why am I finding NO rooms, but suites for our January sailing? Does this mean it's sold out and that's all that's available? Does this mean we'll not ever see pricing again for our category of a room. How will we check prices? Never had this happen before and feeling confused. :confused:

try doing a mock booking using this link.

http://www.carnival.com/BookingEngine/FareViewer

If all the rooms in a category are sold out you can stop checking for price drops. They won't drop the price on a category that has no rooms available...that would be silly.

I would continue to check the fareviewer. It may be a glitch in carnival's system or all the interiors, balconies and oceanviews may be sold out. Even if they are sold out, I personally would continue to check.

It doesn't take but a minute or two and since we booked our Feb 2014 cruise, i have seen OV 6S rooms be sold out one day and available the next several times. People cancel their bookings all the time. You never know when your category may come back available to price match.

You just have missing rooms, i have a MISSING CRUISE!! :eek: lol when I do a mock booking the 3 other cruises in January show up, my week doesn't.

Almost the same scenario here. On Monday all 4 Feb. cruises for Conquest showed up, and my 2/16 Conquest cruise showed all categories available except suites. On Tuesday only insides were showing, and today only the 2/23 cruise is up! I can't imagine that all of February booked up on Monday!

If all the rooms in a category are sold out you can stop checking for price drops. They won't drop the price on a category that has no rooms available...that would be silly.

This is horrible advice! Every day, there are people who change cabins or cancel their reservations entirely. Categories sell out, then they come back into inventory. It happens all the time. Once you get within a month of so of the cruise date, it happens even more frequently. The upsell fairies start making their calls, which opens up tons of previously sold cabins in all categories.

This is horrible advice! Every day, there are people who change cabins or cancel their reservations entirely. Categories sell out, then they come back into inventory. It happens all the time. Once you get within a month of so of the cruise date, it happens even more frequently. The upsell fairies start making their calls, which opens up tons of previously sold cabins in all categories.

Travel agencies also hold blocks of cabins for a certain period time then they have to release them so when that date hits there could be cabins released in every category. I continue to check pricing every couple of days up until a few days before the cruise because even if your category sells out you could possibly upgrade to a higher category if those prices drop.

They must be having some issues or doing maintenance. I looked Monday night at the Jan 20 sailing on the Inspiration and when I tried to book it Tuesday morning, the entire sailing is gone. It doesn't even come up when doing an online booking. I emailed my PVP and he booked it for me, but it's still not showing online.

We have a jan short cruise booked and it is showing no rooms available for this cruise. there were plenty yesterday.

will they ever get the website to work properly

I agree the website is jacked up, but thus might not be a glitch. My cruise has disappeared before for short periods of time. They could be adjusting pricing or updating cancellations, upgrades, etc. Keep checking.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Glad to see this post. I thought it was just me...

I'm watching THREE cruises for my upcoming B2B2B, and things started looking strange on -- I think -- Monday night. One cruise disappeared completely. The other two have GREATLY reduced availability. Yet all three had what looked like dozens of available cabins earlier in the day. I'm hoping to snag a last-minute upgrade, so hopefully something will come back on the website.

There is definitely something WONKY with the site. :eek:

When doing my daily price check for the Miracle in February 2014 - there are NO suites showing as available. But when I checked with my PVP there were still two aft wraps - plus others suites still available that she could see! :o

Hope they get it fixed soon!

Edited by happy cruzin

I noticed this yesterday, that for the Pride in January, it was only showing inside rooms available and only show 2 dates available. I checked again today, same thing, but fareviewer, is showing prices. I checked on a different computer, that I haven't logged my Carnival information into and all 4 dates and rooms are showing.

I noticed this yesterday, that for the Pride in January, it was only showing inside rooms available and only show 2 dates available. I checked again today, same thing, but fareviewer, is showing prices. I checked on a different computer, that I haven't logged my Carnival information into and all 4 dates and rooms are showing.

Thank you, I just deleted my temp internet files & cookies and they are there again!

Only interiors showing available today for our Dec cruise on the Triumph. Everything but suites was available yesterday. Had been looking at switching cabins, there were tons of balconies left yesterday.

Assuming it is their quirky website once again...

I would continue checking for price drops. If someone accepts an upsell call offer from Carnival, your category could show availability again. That's pretty common.

I would continue checking for price drops. If someone accepts an upsell call offer from Carnival, your category could show availability again. That's pretty common.

The odds of catching that before someone else does, and catching it before someone books that room and it actually having a rate drop are all pretty small. It's a vacation - people have gotten so wound up over saving a few cents here or there that they will waste counless hours before a cruise checking for a rate decrease. Now sure, it does happen sometims after a a certain category sales out - but those are pretty long odds.