Highly impressed: Cruising with Allergies

Sparkygirl

We just received word back from the Access Desk regarding our 3 year old's allergy to latex and accommodations on board the ship. They were highly responsive! We will be meeting with the Children's Program Director upon boarding the ship. We will go through the kids club before they open to check and make sure toys etc are all safe. They will have highlighted cruise dailies with programs that may be using latex balloons, etc for decorations so that we can avoid these being held throughout the ship. They are going to ensure that the entire kids club is latex free the week of our sailing!

There was a bit of delay from my request to when I received word back from them. It turns out the e-mail was actually forwarded to the ship and the response came from the children's program director onboard the Dawn.

We have cruised on the Norwegian Epic twice and have also been impressed with their efforts in accommodating my son's peanut allergy. From e-mailing ingredients prior to our cruise and prepping meals in a controlled environment the NCL team should be commended.

We just received word back from the Access Desk regarding our 3 year old's allergy to latex and accommodations on board the ship. They were highly responsive! We will be meeting with the Children's Program Director upon boarding the ship. We will go through the kids club before they open to check and make sure toys etc are all safe. They will have highlighted cruise dailies with programs that may be using latex balloons, etc for decorations so that we can avoid these being held throughout the ship. They are going to ensure that the entire kids club is latex free the week of our sailing!

There was a bit of delay from my request to when I received word back from them. It turns out the e-mail was actually forwarded to the ship and the response came from the children's program director onboard the Dawn.

We had excellent response and assistance with my Granddaughter's allergy to eggs. Every effort was made to ensure her safety without losing the fun. She had a ball and still talks about her cruise.

Lynda

I just want to say, God bless you to parents of kids with allergies. The dilligence it takes in dealing wth this is tremendous and I am sure there is a constant, nagging fear all the time.

It is nice to know NCL deals with this seriously. :)

To echo the above, we had excellent service on the Pearl this summer. DS 15 months, at the time, is allergic to peanuts, tree nuts and eggs. We were able to pre-order his meals and have them brought to whatever location we chose to dine. All of the staff were amazingly accommodating. If only we could get such great service in the restaurants at home!

We were on the Gem. this October..and .we had the best experience ever..dealing with my DH's shrimp allergy...On the Gem..Jeff (Dietician) is in charge .and I have never dealt with a more efficient and friendly person--I assume it varies by ship..as when we have previously sailed NCL.accomdations were made..but not with the same zeal / service as we just had...!!! He was amazing..reviewing menus daily and making it a point to meet up with us wherever we were eating to double check with the chef and servers......:)

Kudos..Jeff and NCL !