Studio Cabins on Epic - Deck 12 vs 11?

Morgsmom

Ok, hopefully someone can give me some information... I am looking at a Studio Cabin for my first solo cruise and ALL of the cabins on deck 12 are sold out, while deck 11 is almost entirely wide open. Is there something "better"/more advantageous about being on Deck 12??

Ok, hopefully someone can give me some information... I am looking at a Studio Cabin for my first solo cruise and ALL of the cabins on deck 12 are sold out, while deck 11 is almost entirely wide open. Is there something "better"/more advantageous about being on Deck 12??

Not in my opinion. Deck 11 studio hallway connects to the lounge, deck 12 has stairs that go down in to the lounge. That's about it. Studio rooms are great. :)

I was recently in 11521 and previously in 11525 and they were both great. Not tooo close to the Lounge Door, but close enough if I wanted to grab a coffee in the morning before my shower. I would personally prefer to be in one of the studios on Deck 11. So have no fear & book away :)

I would not hesitate to book a Studio on Deck 11...Just on the Epic last week in a Studio...They are great...Hallways very quiet, but, as another poster has stated, get at least a short distance from the Lounge doors...Otherwise, no problem...Have fun! (Oh yeah; the light switch for the light over the sink in in one of the shelves to the left of the sink combined with a power outlet...Took me a while to find it!)

Steve

Depending on what cruises you are looking at, the studios on other deck could be allocated for another embarkation port, allocating blocks of cabins to be booked in different ports happens in Epic's Mediterranean itinerary when there are two or three embarkation ports during the seven day cruise.

Edited by Demonyte

I've stayed in Norwegian EPIC studios multiple times, and will again in a few months. I personally prefer Deck 12.

Nothing better or worse....try to make sure you dont book too close to the lounge due to hall doors opening and closing a lot.

I agree with this post, but only regarding two specific studio rooms:

12514 :(

12515 :(

They would be (at least for me) HORRIBLE.

Those two neighboring doors, on each side of them, bang very frequently.

On the other side of the studio upper hallway, those closest to the Living Room (lounge) are rather quiet, as the door has a hydraulic arm which slows the closing each time.

Those studio cabins start with 12516 & 12517 . . . which just so happen to be my favorite on the first four times, and will also be mine in February. :)

Enjoy your cruise!!! :D

I was(and will be again) in 11500. Personally,I liked being on the 11th floor b/c the main entrance to the Studio Lounge is on the 11th floor,and especially where the entrance to my hallway was,I was able to walk by the door to the Lounge and discreetly peek in and seen if there was anything going on in there as I was heading to my cabin. Another good thing is you are a little bit closer to the main action decks of 5-6-7.

Plus,I liked *my* cabin location b/c it didnt connect to any others and was just a little bit separate from the others,so it seemed a little more private. I think 12500 is the same,and there is one cabin in the aft that is set up like this,too(dont know the number).

But either way,the cabins themselves are the same on either floor.

Stacey