Princess shuttle to Buenos Aires city center?

geri

Can anyone tell me if Princess runs a round trip shuttle into the city center of Buenos Aires when in port? If so do you know the cost and drop off location? Also, does Sterns Jewelers run a free shuttle and if so what time does it begin to run? Thanks!

Can anyone tell me if Princess runs a round trip shuttle into the city center of Buenos Aires when in port? If so do you know the cost and drop off location? Also, does Sterns Jewelers run a free shuttle and if so what time does it begin to run? Thanks!

If you don't get an answer you may want to post your question on the South America board which has given me a wealth of great info for our cruise next year.

The jeweler is H. Stern. They have a store in a hotel in Avenida Florida. Don't know about a shuttle. There is no city center per se - BA is a very spread out city and the places of touristic interest are not really close to one another. IT's not walkable from the ship to anything. I would cab it directly to where you want to go.

We walk mostly when we take cruises and forgo cabs.

BA is not the city to do this, especially around the port. Cabs are plentiful and cheap to Calle (kai-zhe) Florida (spanish in Argentina is different than other spanish) which is a big outdoor mall area. Watch for pick pocketers.

We took a cab to there, and then walked to the 19th of July Ave to see the sights, its impressive.

We then took the subway to Recoleta neighborhood and walked a mile or so to the cemetary. Felt safe both on the subway and while walking. The neighborhood is wealthy and clean, many hospitals, clinics, and high end stores.

We took a short cab ride back to the ship.

Let me reiterate, DO NOT WALK FROM THE PORT INTO THE CITY...its not pedestrian friendly, lots of traffic and trucks, and some bad neighborhoods. I wouldn't take a "Free shuttle" either, they have a tendency to take you to a shop thats far from many things. Cabs in BA are extremely affordable. I think we paid about $5 (if i recall, tips are not normally expected) to get to the main mall area.