Serenade of the Seas

zelly2

Cabin 3032 -- anyone stayed in this cabin? How was it? Your reviews and opinions please. Booked this cabin for 12/12/13 cruise and not much choice in cabins so hope I made best decision.

Travel agent recommended to me by a Roll Call member was not helpful at all and their customer service is terrible.

Never stayed in it so - sorry - I can't help directly. But it is a large ocean view window stateroom with 3rd and 4th Pullman beds available (hidden unless in use). The location is near the forward elevator banks which is convenient. The more forward you are the more you would feel motion in rougher seas, but that is very subjective to the individual. You mention there wasn't much choice - what are the alternatives?

You also mention your concerns with the TA - chalk it up to experience and move on and find a different one next time.

A few questions to ask in your search:

Are there any separate fees charged for anything related to initiating, modifying, changing, or cancelling a booking? If the answer is "yes" - move on.

Is there a "live" person dedicated to your booking to talk to when needed via phone (not just on line) - if "no" - move on.

Have they been around for a while with a strong, recognized background with cruising? If "no" - move on.

And remember - TA's cannot "discount" the base stateroom rate with most mass market cruise lines. Any "reductions" in price or other perks will come directly from their commission. That is fine as you benefit from that. But IMO if they are giving a lot out of their pocket back to you, I would be concerned that something else - maybe their service level? - may be lacking as the trade off.

Just some things to think about. But enjoy your cruise - Serenade is a great ship!

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Thanks.

Question 1. Yes

Question 2. No

Question 3. Yes

Like you said, plan to move on and hopefully find a good quality agent by asking onboard or on Cruise Critic, but next time will ask lots of questions. Oh well, we live to learn.

She (custmer service rep. since TA does not handle after booking) suggested 3520 but was afraid that was over anchor -- she had

no idea and could care less.

Other choices are 3738, 38, 50; 3140, 42; 3500, 02, 20; 3000, 02.

Also, 4001, 4500; 3644, 30, 24; 3534, 32, 10, 08, 06, 04;

3144, 30, 20, 18; 3034

If you feel another cabin would be better I will try to get that arranged, but not certain that will happen with these folks.

Plan to enjoy cruise and can't wait to see Serende. Again, thanks.

??? The anchor is forward and on the same level of all of the staterooms on deck 3, but the furthest forward ones may be able to hear it. But the bigger question is when would you hear it - they only use the anchors at ports where they tender. Which would be limited to Grand Cayman on your itinerary.

My own preference on staterooms would be to move back to a more mid ship location if you are concerned at all with motion. But again, that would only be a factor if the seas are somewhat rough and you are sensitive to that.

Below is a picture of Serenade that shows your stateroom location. The first row of large round windows in the hull is deck 3. If you look between the first two lifeboats down to deck 3 you will see a gap between the windows. That is actually an outer door. The second large round window forward of that is your stateroom - 3032. You can see the anchor location far forward as a square black area.

Hope this helps.

1214_08_22---Royal-Caribbean-s-Serenade-of-the-Seas--Bar-Harbor--Maine--USA_web.jpg

Edited by leaveitallbehind

??? The anchor is forward and on the same level of all of the staterooms on deck 3, but the furthest forward ones may be able to hear it. But the bigger question is when would you hear it - they only use the anchors at ports where they tender. Which would be limited to Grand Cayman on your itinerary.

My own preference on staterooms would be to move back to a more mid ship location if you are concerned at all with motion. But again, that would only be a factor if the seas are somewhat rough and you are sensitive to that.

Below is a picture of Serenade that shows your stateroom location. The first row of large round windows in the hull is deck 3. If you look between the first two lifeboats down to deck 3 you will see a gap between the windows. That is actually an outer door. The second large round window forward of that is your stateroom - 3032. You can see the anchor location far forward as a square black area.

Hope this helps.

1214_08_22---Royal-Caribbean-s-Serenade-of-the-Seas--Bar-Harbor--Maine--USA_web.jpg

I am in 3034 on the TA in 13 days from Barcelona

If I have a chance to post something on the way, maybe in Cadiz or Tenerife, I will try to let you know how that area is.

I always wondered why there was a gap in the windows but never saw the door's outline. Is it ever opened?

Edited by badatz

"leaveitallbehind" -- Thanks -- that is cool! Right now there are no midship available. 3032 and 3034 are as close to midship as we could get.

"badatz" that would be great for your review of 3034. Enjoy your

TA!

Not in that cabin, but 18 cabins further back on the opposite side.

In my experience, a little forward of mid-ship is better than right at mid-ship on Serenade. Our cabin was about half-way between the two sets of elevators (front set and mid-ship set) and it was a very quiet location. The first couple of day, I found myself wishing I was a little further back, to be closer to the mid-ship elevators. However, speaking to people in those cabins, they said there was some obnoxious engine noise in that area. I recall being able to hear it near the mid-ship stairs/elevators.

I don't know what noises there are as far forward as you are, but I really liked our location...so much in fact, I booked the exact same cabin number on my upcoming Jewel of the Seas cruise!

ENJOY!