GOS-tips/hints/secret spots

svmodi

I am a first time RCI cruiser. We will be cruising on the GOS out of Baltimore on Dec 14. I am looking for any hints, tips, "secret spots" specifically for Grandeur of the Seas. I am not sure if there is a thread already out there that addresses this.

Also, does anyone know what time we will pass under the Annapolis Bay Bridge and Chesapeake Bay Bridge/Tunnel? Are there any other sights not to be missed along the way?

Does anyone know what the avg temperature on the ship is in December for the first couple of days after leaving Baltimore port and last couple of days on the return back. Just trying to determine if I need to pack any heavy clothes to wear on the ship.

Any help is appreciated!

The Grandeur usually leave the Port of Baltimore at 4 p.m. You will pass under the Key Bridge in 30 minutes, and under the twin spans of the Bay Bridge (Annapolis) 2 hours after leaving the port. Unfortunately, in December, it will be dark. It will be several more hours before you cruise over the Tunnel/Bridge near VaBe.

The Grandeur is lovely, especially since it's refurbishment last year. In December, the weather here in the Baltimore area is very unpredictable. It could be bitter cold, or unseasonably mild. No way to predict. My advice is to be prepared for cold weather, and then you might be happily surprised if it's more mild. The best plan is to be prepared to dress in layers. After all, it IS the north Atlantic in December;):)

I hope you have a wonderful cruise on Grandeur. We had a great time on her in August, minor inconveniences notwithstanding;)

If you have any other specific questions, about either the ship, or Baltimore, please post them. I'll be happy to help you if I can.

Edited by KeywestK

The Grandeur usually leave the Port of Baltimore at 4 p.m. You will pass under the Key Bridge in 30 minutes, and under the twin spans of the Bay Bridge (Annapolis) 2 hours after leaving the port. Unfortunately, in December, it will be dark. It will be several more hours before you cruise over the Tunnel/Bridge near VaBe.

The Grandeur is lovely, especially since it's refurbishment last year. In December, the weather here in the Baltimore area is very unpredictable. It could be bitter cold, or unseasonably mild. No way to predict. My advice is to be prepared for cold weather, and then you might be happily surprised if it's more mild. The best plan is to be prepared to dress in layers. After all, it IS the north Atlantic in December;):)

I hope you have a wonderful cruise on Grandeur. We had a great time on her in August, minor inconveniences notwithstanding;)

If you have any other specific questions, about either the ship, or Baltimore, please post them. I'll be happy to help you if I can.

Thanks KeywestK! Do you know what the temp is like inside the ship - do they keep it warm during the first couple of days going out and then on the return back to Baltimore?

We were on Grandeur in August, so the air conditioning was always running. Interestingly, I noticed that the public areas (MDR, show lounge, bars) were not as freezing cold as on previous cruises, and I didn't always need to be wearing a sweater or light jacket while walking around the ship.

If you are sailing out of Baltimore during the winter months, they will have to have the heat on the first day or so, as well as the last day or so, as you will be in colder weather. And plan to dress accordingly.

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask.