Summit 9094 and 9100

themwl

These are the balconies on either side of the Celebrity Suites. Before they built the balconies on these suites, not only was the balconies of 9094 and 9100 extremely small but they had no privacy if the adjoining Celebrity Suite had their blind open. I have seen the new CS since the balcony has been added and I believe that the privacy has been improved by the dividing screen but I cannot see that the balcony would be any larger.

Sue

Their balconies are small and have obstructed views on one side where the Celebrity Suite beside them protrudes out on the hump, blocking the view to that side.

A plus is that they are in a good central location, near the central stairs and elevators.

But because of those two undesirable features, those cabins may be made available at a discounted price or assigned as guarantees.

That can make them a good deal for someone who pays the price of an inside or ocean view and is happy to get a small balcony without paying a balcony price.

I would not pay any more than an inside or ocean view price for either of them, unless you are also getting some really nice perks tossed in.

Edited by fleckle

ALL balcony rooms immediately next to the rounded Celebrity Suites on M Class ships are notoriously AWFUL rooms. There are many threads with photos of the tiny (hardly 2 people fit) and non-private (windows of the suite next door look right on you) balcony.

Don't book these rooms and if you get them in a GTY call and try to move! These rooms are:

Deck 9 - 9094 & 9100

Deck 8 - 8102 & 8108

Deck 7 - 7136 & 7142

Deck 6 - 6108 & 6102 (6102 is an Sky Suite and must have a larger balcony, but in view of this ship design issue I would not book 6102 but rather an S Suite elsewhere).

Note: I have not been on an M class ship since celebrity suites got balconies added. But I don't see how that is going to help these adjoining rooms.

They are terrible cabins for a balcony.

If you do a search you can find pictures of the balcony. Imagine taking a regular rectangle balcony on the ship that are small to start with and then draw a diagonal line thru it. The triangle made is basically the size and shape of the balcony.

.🎄🎅

It would depend on how you got it.

If you booked an inside guarantee and were assigned one of those cabins, I don't think too many people would complain.

Privacy panels were installed so the living room windows of the CS suites no longer look into the balcony next door.

The cabin is a nice, regular size; the location is good; the only problem is the tiny, partially obstructed balcony, which should not be too objectionable if you were expecting to have no balcony at all.

(Exception: my previous remark excludes the few CC members who maintain that they prefer to have an inside cabin. ;))

But no way should anyone pay a balcony price for one of those cabins, much less a CC or AQ price. :eek:

Interestingly the ship diagram does not show a smaller veranda and a call to Celebrity will not confirm it.

Location is good, but once we found out on CruiseCritic that they were small verandas we moved to 9070 (non-smoking starboard side). Just got off the Summit 2 weeks ago. They are indeed smaller verandas, and I am glad we moved.

I believe 9079 is on the port side, which is the smoking side of the side. While not too likely, you may get smoke that drifts up to your veranda from the outside smoking areas.

Edited by CaribbeanBound

Themwl: Good "move". You will be so glad you moved. 9079 is a much better cabin.

PL

We are just back from the summit. We were in 9101 same side as 9079. Never had any problem with smoke. There is a large overhang from deck 10. Also we could here the pool parties going on but it never stopped us from falling asleep. We were to tried from the days activities.

• 10 months later...
Interestingly the ship diagram does not show a smaller veranda and a call to Celebrity will not confirm it.

Celebrity also will not tell you that the "Sweet Sixteen" balconies are larger than all of the other 2C balconies. In our experience, unless a cabin's balcony is listed as "obstructed", the shore-side folks (and many of the onboard Future Cruise Consultants) don't know (or won't comment) about these different sized/shaped balconies.