What Diamond/Platinum perks were taken away with VIFP?

Dixie24

Interesting indeed golfadj...for someone who has 24,000 one ot two sentence postings in the past 6 years... to care about someones signature...really?

On the Breeze I received a Platinem pin with the ship name...do you receive this only on your platinum cruise or on each cruise thereafter?

Interesting indeed golfadj...for someone who has 24,000 one ot two sentence postings in the past 6 years... to care about someones signature...really?

On the Breeze I received a Platinem pin with the ship name...do you receive this only on your platinum cruise or on each cruise thereafter?

Not a big deal to me but dont think people should boast.

BTW some of my posts are longer than others. Dont think I need to write a book each time I post.

You get the pin on each cruise from now on. And when you reach Diamond the pin is still the same.

I have never seen anyone other than Stormin Norm acting like they were important because of their loyalty level.

The only thing I miss other than the canapes is the free entry into the slot tournament, but I guess that there were so many Platinums that they weren't hardly making any money off the game.

OK, I will ask. WHo is stormin Norm?

There has been too much discussion of this topic already, I think.

If you want FTTF..get it and enjoy. Don't gloat.

If you are Platinum and resent being...lied too.....sail some where else. Vote with taking your pocketbook elsewhere.

And eventually it is not that big of a deal.

But ..the Economic side..Today..on the Radio..Bloomberg I think.....

" It costs 7 times as much to lure a new customer, than it does to work at keeping old, loyal customers."'

exactly what Steve Jobs said........"treat your good customers very well. Because you can depend on them coming back.

Purely on a Basis of Business..it will be interesting to see how it turns out...good business decision or bad one.

There has been too much discussion of this topic already, I think.

If you want FTTF..get it and enjoy. Don't gloat.

If you are Platinum and resent being...lied too.....sail some where else. Vote with taking your pocketbook elsewhere.

And eventually it is not that big of a deal.

But ..the Economic side..Today..on the Radio..Bloomberg I think.....

" It costs 7 times as much to lure a new customer, than it does to work at keeping old, loyal customers."'

exactly what Steve Jobs said........"treat your good customers very well. Because you can depend on them coming back.

Purely on a Basis of Business..it will be interesting to see how it turns out...good business decision or bad one.

Too much discussion according to whom?

Haven't seen anyone who purchased FTTF "gloat". They just posted about how excited they were and glad they were able to purchase.

As Platinum, I really like FTTF allowing DW and I early access to our rooms. About this I will "gloat". While I may/may not agree with the FTTF Program, this part has been good to us.

Edited by Georgiagolfer
spelling

But, to us, having our cabin ready when we board the ship is the most important and appreciated benefit we ever received.:)

That's something that should be available for everyone. On Princess, all cabins are ready for everyone, whether they cruised once or 100x.

Too much discussion according to whom?

Haven't seen anyone who purchased FTTF "gloat". They just posted about how excited they were and glad they were able to purchase.

As Platinum, I really like FTTF allowing DW and I early access to our rooms. About this I will "gloat". While I may/may not agree with the FTTF Program, this part has been good to us.

Agree. "Too much discussion (?)"

I can carp about something I don't care for but DON"T need to be told to ditch Carnival.

If you think enough's been said, quit this thread and vote with your posts.

That's something that should be available for everyone. On Princess, all cabins are ready for everyone, whether they cruised once or 100x.

Kind of hard to have every room available by 11:30 when the last of the previous cruisers probably disembarked at 10:00.

Kind of hard to have every room available by 11:30 when the last of the previous cruisers probably disembarked at 10:00.

What are you talking about?

People get off Princess ships the same time

as ccl, board same time too. Yet, the cabins

are ready- explain that!

You really should try a princess cruise.

[quote name='dclark']What are you talking about?
People get off Princess ships the same time
as ccl, board same time too. Yet, the cabins
are ready- explain that!
You really should try a princess cruise.[/quote]

I have including 2 this month. Princess doesn't let you board until the cabins are ready. :rolleyes:

[quote name='afrayedknot']Agree. "Too much discussion (?)"

[COLOR="Red"]I can carp about something I don't care for but DON"T need to be told to ditch Carnival.

If you think enough's been said, quit this thread and vote with your posts.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

You must have me confused with another poster. I have never suggested someone ditch Carnival, or that enough's been said. :confused:

[quote name='afrayedknot']Agree. "Too much discussion (?)"

I can carp about something I don't care for but DON"T need to be told to ditch Carnival.

If you think enough's been said, quit this thread and vote with your posts.[/quote]

Sorry, I was agreeing with your post responding to what Amberteka said...
Should have quoted that post, as well....

Pam

[quote name='dclark']That's something that should be available for everyone. On Princess, all cabins are ready for everyone, whether they cruised once or 100x.[/QUOTE]

EXACTLY. The guy who ran Princess...is now running Carnival.

I think he will be a good addition. he is a Viet Nam Vet, so I think Vets will especially like him. Others too.

Princess always seems to me to be Carnival Folks whose kids are grown...a little more sedate.....a little more sophisticated.....but same nice folks. Friendly. Down to earth. Lots of Canadians sail on Princess. I really like the ones we have played Trivia with and developed friendships.

princess has a good vibe. hope he brings it with him. Edited by AmberTeka