The Best Tour in Curacao

alfthecruiser_1

We were scheduled for this one on Nov. 12. Unfortunately, the bus broke down. People had to push it out of the street. Just came back from the cruise and there's more to the story....after I unpack and read my mail.

One thing though....we were quoted a price of $25 over the internet. When we got there I confirmed "$25, right?" I was told YES. Talking to the others (who did not book over the internet, but were just coralled at port .... they were told $20!).

We were scheduled for this one on Nov. 12. Unfortunately, the bus broke down. People had to push it out of the street. Just came back from the cruise and there's more to the story....after I unpack and read my mail.

One thing though....we were quoted a price of $25 over the internet. When we got there I confirmed "$25, right?" I was told YES. Talking to the others (who did not book over the internet, but were just coralled at port .... they were told $20!).

When we were there for our 10/3 tour, ours was $20, but had been locked in for almost 2 months. On there website, it does say 10/1 the price goes to $25. Other than that, this is all I know. We had an outstanding time.Dispite what did go wrong with the bus, did they get another?

Well the people who booked at the dock should have been charged $25 since it was after Oct. 1. And we should have also been charged $20....not more than them.

Actually, we left after the bus broke down. After the pushing and waiting, DH just didn't want to chance having their spare bus be in worse shape than the converted 1950's school bus we were on. No air either.

We found out after there were some problems because some of the group wanted to go to a bar and they were told to be back in an hour and they weren't. I don't know the details of what transpired, hopefully someone will be posting soon. I did hear that four people were very upset of having to wait and wait (after having to wait for a replacement bus and having to also push the bus off to the side of the road) that they demanded a cab be called for them to return to the ship. We were on a shortened stay and they were probably concerned about making it back to the ship.

Well the people who booked at the dock should have been charged $25 since it was after Oct. 1. And we should have also been charged $20....not more than them.

Actually, we left after the bus broke down. After the pushing and waiting, DH just didn't want to chance having their spare bus be in worse shape than the converted 1950's school bus we were on. No air either.

We found out after there were some problems because some of the group wanted to go to a bar and they were told to be back in an hour and they weren't. I don't know the details of what transpired, hopefully someone will be posting soon. I did hear that four people were very upset of having to wait and wait (after having to wait for a replacement bus and having to also push the bus off to the side of the road) that they demanded a cab be called for them to return to the ship. We were on a shortened stay and they were probably concerned about making it back to the ship.

None of the buses have air...at least the ones we were on. We loved Irie tours. I would have left the part of the group that was not there when they were supposed to be....One can't delay a tour because that person does not respect the rest.

None of the buses have air...at least the ones we were on. We loved Irie tours. I would have left the part of the group that was not there when they were supposed to be....One can't delay a tour because that person does not respect the rest.

It wasn't one person. From what I heard (remember we had left before this), it was at least 1/3 of the bus, leaving 2/3 waiting and waiting. Maybe Irie didn't want to leave that many.

I don't know if other buses broke down that day or not, but it seemed like the whole ship knew about the bus. Whenever we said our bus broke down people would say "you were on the bus that broke down?"

We loved Irie Tours. They gave us a well informed tour with lots of fun thrown in. I wouldn't hesitate to book them again. Actually their tour made me want to do a land vacation to curaçao.

I'm so sorry that you had issues on your tour. I wouldn't be happy either. But I do urge you to give them another try. When we toured with them the buses were in great shape and the open air style was awesome picture taking.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Hi, Ginny

I'm sure you'll be fine.

They did seem like very nice people. I was just annoyed at them quoting us a higher price than those that they booked last minute at the dock. :o

Ginny, that part I have to agree with you on. There web site does specify that on 10/1, there prices go from $20 to $25. Did you ask, I presume was Sadira there holding the sign, why the difference in price? Sadira is the person holding the CC sign below in the picture.

I think you mean me.:)

This is what happened. When we found the person holding the sign we told them who we were and I double checked the pricing by saying "$25, right." They said, "yes, $25." We then got on the bus. It was then that we heard everyone else saying things like, "can't believe we get free beer for $20!" etc. I then asked them if they were paying $20 and they said yes. These are people who booked right at the dock. I assume they gave them this deal to fill the bus. There were only a few people who had reserved ahead of time and I did not get a chance to ask them what they paid.

We would have asked Irie about the discrepancy later, in private. It was, after all, only $5 p/p .... so it was the principle.;)

BUT, the bus broke down maybe 5 or 10 minutes into the tour. And we told them we were leaving and they gave us directions back to the ship.

Edited by mafig

• 2 weeks later...
We did the East Side Tour a week ago on the 13th and HAD A BLAST!!!!!

What a bargain.. we easily drank more than $25 in the beer they offered us. HIGHLY recommend this tour!!

Yes you can easily drink more than what you pay for the tour. I know I had my share. The other bus we had, didn`t take them too long to empty theres out as well. Asside from that, the main thing is that we had a blast with our drivers as well as the stops for the tour. Love my Curacao Blue I brought home.:D The beach was just awesome also. My only complaint there was, the bar is too slow making the drinks.:mad: Looking forward to going back again.:D

.... and I double checked the pricing by saying "$25, right." They said, "yes, $25." We then got on the bus. It was then that we heard everyone else saying things like, "can't believe we get free beer for $20!" etc. I then asked them if they were paying $20 and they said yes.......

A key to successful negotiating is never be the one to throw out the first number. If asked how much and they told me $25 and then charged others $20, I would ask for $$ based on principal. But if I am the Irie guy in parking lot and someone asks if it's $25 (or $50 or $100)...I am inclined to say yes as well. The worst that could happen in that guys's favor is they get what they should have gotten and some bad PR here. ;-)

All that being said, I see good reviews on this company and am considering booking for our March cruise.